21: Hurting

"Esther I think I should go"

"Why? It's not even an hour"

"Ahh... I promised Minji that I'll buy her cookies and you know I didn't even tell her where am I.. so she may be concerne-"

"Minji Minji and Minji!! If she is your first priority then why did you kiss me then? And why-"

"Esther? What happened to you", Yeonjun looked into her eyes and can see nothing buy jealousy. Esther is jealous of Minji and it's natural.

"Esther you know she is my best friend and she's alone and-"

"But that doesn't mean you'll ignore your girlfriend?"

"When did I ignore you??? You know she has anxiety and I can't leave her alone for long and we spend time today. Don't we?"

It's true Esther is jealous but it's also true she can feel Yeonjun isn't giving his best in this relationship. She's confused. Esther knows they're 19 and still young, it's natural if a guy and a girl attracted to eachother but that doesn't mean he'll completely unsure of what's he doing.

"Only walking and eating icecream? Is this called a date? Yeonjun do you even like me?"

That question hit Yeonjun, why he doesn't know but he's just silent.

"Yeonjun?"

"I-I l-like y-"

"I think we should take a break don't we?"

He can see how her eyes were glimmering. He felt bad. He thought he is hurting Esther. Yeonjun hugged her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. And about Minji, don't be jealous.. and I promise I'll put much effort in this relationship", he patted her back as she wrapped her arms around his waist.
----------------------------

"Minjiahh"

Yeonjun called her name as he entered her apartment which was dark naturally. He doesn't know what happened to Minji but he thought she's having nightmares so she's having anxiety, as that she told him.

"Minji"

"Oh you're here", Minii glanced at him and again  started scrolling her phone.

"Guess what have I brought?", Yeonjun asked cheerfully as he's trying to lift her mood up.

"How should I know?"

Her cold answer dropped the smile from his face. He thought she'd understand him but she seems to be angry.

"Umm.. what are you watching?", Yeonjun peeped on her phone as he's trying his best to make her happy.

"Why do you care?"

"Minji.. why are you talking like this!?"

Minji is hurt. But she thought if she act cold she'll hurt Yeonjun, Ofcource she doesn't want that, after all he's the one she has. So she tried to control her emotions but how can she forget what her untold self told her.

"Did you have a great day?"

"Huh?", Yeonjun asked confusedly.

"You were with you girlfriend", Minji gave a small smile, "she's the most lucky girl I've seen, look how perfect she is an-"

"Minji? Please. If I hurt you you can tell me, please don't show that you're okay. And-"

Minji smiled at Yeonjun, "Who said you hurt me? I'm okay Junnie", she giggled but somehow he felt sad. Yeonjun knows Minji for more than 14 years and he knows when she's lying and not.

Yeonjun sighed and said, "I guess you didn't have your dinner, let me see what's in your freezer"

Minji just blankly saw him standing up from the couch as it's true she's hurting.

"Minjiahh.. I brought your favorite cookies", he gave a bright smile before giving the packet of her red-velvet cookies, that she took nicely.

She chuckled herself seeing the packet. She saw his figure in her kitchen, she surely doesn't want him to forget her. She's still happy that he kept his promise, though it's a little late but still.

Minji went to the kitchen and back hugged Yeonjun as he sighed deeply before turning her to face him.

"Minjiahh I'm sorry if I hurt you", He said.

"Umm umm don't be sorry", Minji wrapped her arms around his shoulders and hugged him tightly.

"Yeonjun don't forget me, you're the only one I have"

Yeonjun closed his eyes. His heart skipped when she touched him and at the same time his heart ached. He hugged her figure.

Yeonjun just want everyone to be happy. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, not Minji, nor Esther. But he doesn't know that his unsure feeling is hurting both of them as well as himself.

••🥀••Can Yeonjun be ever sure of his feelings? Can Minji confess her feelings ever? Then what will happen to Esther?

••🥀••
Can Yeonjun be ever sure of his feelings? Can Minji confess her feelings ever? Then what will happen to Esther?