33: The truth untold

"Minji"

He pressed the password and entered her apartment followed by the girl. She was holding a cake with lightening candle, written 20 on it.

The room was dark as usual so they never doubted it, not knowing what happened before.

"Minji? Are you asleep?", Esther called as Yeonjun turned the lights on.

But to their surprise, what it happened to be,

The room was empty.

They checked every room keeping the cake on the table and called her name again and again but there was no one to answer.

"Where did she go?", Yeonjun mumbled as concern painted over his face while Esther was looking around the rooms may be searching something, and she did.

"Minji where ar-"

"Yeonjun"

Esther cut him off, "Look at this", Yeonjun confusedly stared at the white paper folded in her hand, he took it.

Y̶e̶o̶n̶j̶u̶n̶
Junnie,

You're reading this letter means I'm no longer here. You must be very concerned, but don't be please. I know because of me you've suffered so much, you're too kind Yeonjun, you don't deserve a selfish friend like me. Esther is an angel too you know, I'm jealous of her.
You may wonder what I'm saying? The truth I was hiding from you till now is,
I like you.

Yes. Not only as a best friend, but as a guy I like you. I know you only see me as your friend, you don't have to like me back because you deserve better. And Esther is best for you. You may be too shocked to read this but this is the truth.

Yeonjun,
Forget about me. I don't want to harm any of you. I'm going far away and don't worry I'm going to a good place. Okay Junnie, don't cry I know you're crying now, Esther is there for you, I wish the best for you. Don't cry because I'm not crying too.

Take care of yourself and don't be too much selfless okay.

Minji.

The paper slipped from his hands as he can't believe what he just read. His hands are trembling so his lips, while tears never stopped falling down his face.

"Yeonjun"

"Esther what I did wrong?", his voice is trembling too, "Why she had to think like this? She knew I'm always with her, then why?"

Esther patter his back.

"She likes me", he sobbed feeling the words hit his heart directly making them shattered into pieces.

"Why did she never tell me?"

"May be she thought your friendship would break or may be she is jealous of me", Esther's voice cracked too.

"But that's not true. Why would I break our friendship?.. Esther, we need to find her-"