11: I'm sorry

"Esther, Minji is sick.. I don't think I can go today, I'm so sorry"

Yeonjun cut the call and gave the juice to Minji who is lying on his bed.

"Yeonjun please go, I am okay"

"No you're not besides Esther is coming here now shut up and sleep"

"Junnie don't scold me, I'll be okay"

Yeonjun scoffed making Minji confused... her heart is beating fast sensing something is wrong.

"Junnie", he turned his face, "Yeonjun", still he's silent, "YAHHH"

"What?", He asked coldly.

"What happened Junnie?", Minji spread her arm to reach his face but he hold her wrist stopping her.

"You did this on purpose right?", He asked as her eyes widened.

Flashback; 30 minutes ago,

"She lacked sleep and I think she didn't have her meal today.. take care of her.. she's underweight already and now she's weak", their neighbor doctor told Yeonjun while he was closing the door.

"Okay.. thank you doctor uncle"

"You don't have to thank me dear.. I am always here for you both, I'm literally watching you two since you were a little crybaby"

Yeonjun bowed him and closed the door when he left... he went to the kitchen to bring the juice but he thought of something...

Why would she purposely didn't have her meal, why she did this.. he can remember the last day when she was acting strangely when they were dancing... is she jealous or something he doesn't know... only thing he knows she did this intentionally and this made him angry on her...

He wants to spend time with Esther, he really wants, does he like Esther? Well truth is even unknown to him.. he liked Minji from childhood but he felt she want him to be her just friend.. so now why did she do this? He couldn't find an answer so he's angry.

Back to present,

"What are you saying Yeonjun?"

"You didn't have your meal today.. why?"

"I-I d-didn't feel like e-eating"

"And why?", He asked with a cold face, she nervously gulped, she sensed he's angry and she also knew he caught her plan, she can never lie to him not even once.. he knows everything about her but still why did she so this.

She felt guilty.

"You didn't wanted me to go to prom right?", He asked.

Minji knows he is concerned about her too much, she thought she shouldn't have done this.. she can do anything else to stop him or she can simply go with them but she took advantage of his weakness.

"Why Minji? Do you like me? Are you jealous?"

There he asked and she tied in her words. She never expected him to ask this but she can't let go of this chance she should tell the truth but she thought what if he doesn't like her back, then she'd be embarrassed in front of him... maybe she'd lose her crush and her best friend too.

"Answer me Minjiahh", his voice softened as she noticed his eyes are glistening.

No.. she made him cry.. he really wanted to go but she ruined everything... she likes him so much but she can't see his sad face.. he turned away...

"I-I am s-sorry"

And she ignored the question Yeonjun asked, Minji reached her hands over his head and patted his head.

"I shoun't have do this"

"But tell me the reason", he hold her wrist looking at her piercing her soul, "tell me the truth, you can't lie to me"

"I wanted to go there too", she lied again, "since I don't have a partner I felt jealous", she thought this can be the best excuse she can give rather telling her feelings directly.

"You should've said that to me then.. you don't have to harm yourself because of this", He caressed her cheeks believing her words, "you know I am concerned about you"

"I am sorry again", she felt guilty, she regretted that she did this... she made Yeonjun sad.. her best friend is sad, her childhood crush is sad.. she shouldn't be selfish again she thought.

••🥀••Yeonjun trusts Minji too much but I am feeling sad for all of them here

••🥀••
Yeonjun trusts Minji too much but I am feeling sad for all of them here