08: Cold

Flashback; one years ago,

"Aishh why did I just forgot my jacket... it's too cold here", Minji exclaimed clasping her hands.

"You're so careless.. we still have, and I was on the queue, your comic book isn't going anywhere"

"Ahh I know but still.. you know this is my favorite comic book"

She pouted but still shivering with coldness as winter is coming in Korea.

"Here" Yeonjun removed his sweater and put it on her shoulder, "you'll catch cold"

"Hey, I don't need it, and you too will catch cold"

"I am strong you know, I can fight with cold", he said showing his fist as if he's really fighting.

"Aishh.. don't act like you're iron man"

"Shut up, you need it more, we have our exams in a week and you can't get sick, you're top student"

"But that doesn't mean I'll let you suffer Junnie"

"Shh... you talk too much", he started walking, "besides you look better in that sweater than me"

"Aww really?"

"Ye-... ouch", Minji slapped his hand.

"Shut the fuck up" Minji started running, "I know you won't listen to me, so run.. it'll warm us"

"Yahh careful, slow.. Minjiyahh"
....

"Aachooo"

"Oh I thought I have an iron man as my best friend", Minji said giving Yeonjun the hot chocolate cup as he continued sneezing.

"I- aachoo.. am st- aachoo ...strong aachoo.."

"Shhh... just drink it and shut your fucking mouth"

"I-"

"Never put off your jacket in this cold weather, understand?"

"Yeah- aachoo"

Back to present,

"Here Esther"

"I'm sorry for being late", Esther said shivering.

"Where's your jacket?", Minji asked but she pursed her lips.

"I f-forgot in hurry"

"Ahhh you'll catch cold", Yeonjun said removing his jacket, "here", he put his jacket on her shoulder. Minji watched them, her heart sank in deep, she sighed when noticed Esther's cheeks turned red.

"Yeonjun! You'll be sick!", Minji yelled.

"I'll be okay Minjiyah"

"No just take it back", Esther insisted, "I can't see you sick", Minji rolled her eyes at her words.

"It's okay.. it's okay"

"No, it's not okay", Minji folded her arms, "remember what last time happened? You were sick for one week"

"B-but just one-"

"Yeonjun I don't need, take it", Esther said but he refused.

"Ehhh..", Minji pulled his to a shopping mall, "Esther just wait a bit, we're coming back... and you come with me, buy a new jacket"

"Why? I said I'll b-"

"You're not an iron man okay...and you don't need to be that kind and harm yourself", she scolded, "but if not she'd catch cold", he replied.

"I'd take her to buy a jacket then, why you're like this", Minji rolled her eyes.

"Like what?", He asked being annoyed.

"Kind to everyone that you forget yourself"

"I can do anything, why you always talk like this, like you can control me, are you jealous?"

She turned her face, the truth is yes she's jealous, she don't want him to be same kind as he is towards her but she can't help it... yes she sees her as her good friend but she still doesn't want to share her crush with anybody.

"No.. why would I..I am just worried about you"

He scoffed.

"You don't have to behave like this! What happened to you!?", He remained silent and looked away, "Yahhh answer me"

"What should I answer! Why you have to be this worried! Listen I am very much okay and I can care myself", he spat back.

"Oh now you're gonna fight with me?", He turned his face again, "because of her?", she asked, her heart is thumping sensing something wrong.

"Let's go she's waiting", his voice softened, "I also care her as I care you", he said putting on the new jacket but she looked away... that's the thing she didn't want, the same care, she doesn't want him to care the same for Esther as he cares her.

"Minjiahh", he called but she walked fast. He never raised his voice because of other, what happened to him, is he changed... Minji is sad, she want him all by herself but seems like he's drifting away. . .

"Minjiahh I am sorry for yelling, Minjiyahh"

••🥀••
Double Update!!
Because I love you♡. Please drop some votes and hope they don't fight