25: Thorn of Rose

"Will you want to come to my house?", Yeonjun asked her.

"Why? Esther?"

"Me and Esther have a music competition next week, so we have to practice and t-the previous time you couldn't c-come so I thought"

Minji remembered what happened before as she sighed deeply. She wants to go but whenever she went somewhere with them she felt herself as a third wheel.

"I thought you'll be hurt if I won't ask you", Yeonjun gave a small smile.

"So for real you don't want me to go?"

"No I never said that, why you always make another interpretation of what I say!", Yeonjun asked being a bit annoyed.

"You're coming with us, and that's final okay", Esther smiled at Minji and then smiled at Yeonjun, as he nodded with a smile.
----------------------------

"I brought cookies", Minji smiled as she entered his apartment.

"So sweet of you", Esther gave her a little hug as Minji felt confused.

Why is she behaving nicely?

"Because she is teasing you"

Minji looked at the other side, "You again! And why would she tease me, she's being nice"

It smiled at her and said, "you're a complete fool. She's showing sympathy as you can't have Yeonjun anymore.. you have to do what I'll say now"

"B-But wh-"

"Minji?"

Esther came again as Minji noticed her another self is vanished, "Whom are you talking to again?", Esther placed her hand on her shoulder, concerned.

"N-nothing. Let's go"

As Minji headed towards his room followed by Yeonjun, Esther stood there still, noticing her every action.

An hour later Minji told, "I'm bored, I'm going home"

"This early?... okay", as Yeonjun replied Minji expected he'll stop her but instead he said that. She felt sad.

"My throat is hurting"

Should I choke her throat?, Minji thought at Esther's remark.

"Why shouldn't we take a break? We're practicing for an hour", Yeonjun asked as he turned to Minji, "Minjiahh can you bring a glass of water for her, I'm being too lazy", he whined.

Minji glanced at Esther as she smiled at her a little before heading towards kitchen.

"How can you like this?"

Minji looked behind and again... as she's pouring water in the glass.

"What did I do?"

"She's teasing you all the time and showing you fake sympathy still you're bringing water for her!?"

"Yeonjun asked me so.. why are you this annoying?"

"I'm not annoying", she stepped closer to her, "it is you who's annoying, you're weak, you're worthless"

"No I'm not, I can show you I'm worthy, I-"

"Is that so? Then don't you think this is the best time to remove it"

"Remove what?", Minji asked confused as she can feel something is wrong but still her skin is boiling with anger.

"The thorn of your Rose"

Minji starnly stared at her self as her heart is beating fast. Her eyes followed it towards the glass of water.

"I can't. I can't kill her!"

Minji put down the glass on the table as her head is hurting so much, she hold her head.

"It's your revenge for stealing your love"

"STOP!"

"Minji this is the right time, you want her dead"

"MINJI"

She opened her eyes as she heard Yeonjun calling her.
----------------------------

"Here"

Minji's heart is thumping hard as she gave the glass to Esther, she took it nicely.

"Poor her, she doesn't know what is waiting for her"

"Thank you", Esther smiled at her.

Minji saw her self standing beside her as she turned to face Esther as she took the glass closer to her lips.

This isn't right. It's wrong.

Minji is sweating in anxiety, her eyes are fixed on the glass hold by the girlfriend of her crush.

"What's wrong! Minji you were waiting for this moment for long!"

Minji felt confused, she surely wanted her away from Yeonjun but does she wanted Esther to punish like this!?

But look at her, she didn't do anything to let this happen to her, Minji told herself.

"This is the last chance and you'll get him back"

But he'll be sad and-

"You have to listen to me!"

Minji looked at Yeonjun smiling at her, she closed her eyes and opened it again

"NO! DON'T! MINJIII!"

"I CAN'T LET THIS HAPPEN!", Minji yelled as she stepped forward, Esther was about to sip when,

CRASH!!

The glass scattered into pieces as she snatched it from Esther and threw hard on the floor

"ARE YOU OUT OF MIND MINJI!?"

••🥀••
I feel bad for Minji