36: Rewrite our story

"Minji I know you won't believe me but the truth is I like you", he confessed not breaking the hug.

But she pulled away and looked at him, "And Esther?"

"I was wrong Minji it was a mistake by me, you're the one I like from the start, I mistook my feelings Minji, I never liked Esther-"

"How can you play with her feelings!?", Minji questioned him starnly.

"I-I was wrong, Minji please. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for both of you, I hurt you both... Esther told she will meet us again when she had chance, she-"

"I never expected you like this!!!"

"WHAT SHOULD'VE I DONE!?", He yelled sadly, "Every single time when my heart fluttered, you called me 'friend' I thought you don't like me and I also thought I'd move on if I go in a relationship! I never knew that my childish decision would end up like this"

"What do you want now?"

"Minji", he faintly asked.

"I don't like you anymore"

"Liar. I know when you lie and when not"

"Woah really?", Minji scoffed as he looked down again. He slowly took her hands in his palm and caressed it.

"I know my unsure feelings hurt you, so much, but trust me, this time I'm not unsure", he looked at her, "I like you and I am so much sure about it"

Minji removed her hands, "I can't. I have to go", and then she left ignoring his calling her back.
----------------------------

"Hey I heard Yeonjun sings too good", Beomgyu asked as Minji looked at him surprised, "How do you-"

"Look at that", Beomgyu said as Minji followed where he pointed and yes, Yeonjun is on the little stage holding a mic.

As the music begin everyone clapped except Minji, how did he manage to sing here! This is only us tenants party.

"You know I want you, It's not a secret I try to hide"

He sang while staring at her, only her in the whole crowd.

"You know you want me, So don't keep saying our hands are tied"

"You claim it's not in the cards, And fate is pulling you miles away. And out of reach from me"

Yeonjun smiled at her as she can feel how her heart is beating so fast, she turned away.

"But you're here in my heart....So who can stop me if I decide that"

"you're my destiny?"

Yeonjun came down from the stage with another mic on his hand as he sang,

"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine"

"Nothin' could keep us apart You'll be the one I was meant to find"

He stopped right in front of her as she looked at him, he handed the mic to her and smiled.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me...No one can say what we get to be"

"So why don't we rewrite the stars?
And maybe the world could be ours tonight"

"It's duet, Minji go", Beomgyu whispered in her ear as she denied, "I can't sing"

"Who says? I heard you singing besides this is only a few people and they all love you they won't mind it"

Minji looked at the crowd as she saw everyone is eagerly waiting for her to sing, she sighed and looked at Yeonjun who's smiling at her.

"You think it's easy, You think I don't wanna run to you, yeah"

She started singing as the crowd growled and clapped for her, she went to the stage followed by Yeonjun.

"But there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through... I know you're wondering why?"

"Because we're able to be just you and me within these walls"

"But when we go outside. You're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all"

She glanced at Yeonjun as he smiled and nodded at her, she sighed with an emotionless face. Then sang the next verse with her full emotions closing her eyes,

"No one can rewrite the stars. How can you say you'll be mine?"

"Everything keeps us apart, And I'm not the one you were meant to find"

Yeonjun felt the lyrics and started moving closer to her, he took a sigh and looked at her and saw she's already staring at him.

"It's not up to you, it's not up to me, yeah
When everyone tells us what we can be"

"And how can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours tonight"

Now this is the verse of duet when they both have to sing together.

"All I want is to fly with you, all I want is to fall with you...So just give me all of you"

"It feels impossible", she sang as he replied,"It's not impossible"

"Is it impossible? Say that it's possible"

Yeonjun came closer to her as the crowd clapped and cheered but they can't hear them, they just started at eachother. He is now a few inches away from her as both of them went together,

"How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine....And nothing can keep us apart, 'Cause you are the one I was meant to find"

"It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be..... And why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours"

He smiled a little not breaking the eye contact as Minji looked at him blankly and stepped back before singing the last part,

"You know I want you It's not a secret I try to hide"

"But I can't have you, We're bound to break and my hands are tied"

Minji glanced at the cheering crowd one last time before turning away keeping the mic on the stage and leaving for her room, as Yeonjun followed her.

••🥀••
Ahhh I can imagine them😫. Do you too?