15: Misunderstanding

Flashback; 5 years ago,

It's the night they sat together side by side at the rooftop of Minji's apartment watching the starry sky. But whenever they sat together like this no matter how beautiful the sky is Minji always ends up looking at him.

She admires him.

Ever since she came to know her feelings towards him she tried her best not to be awkward after the kiss. However she never felt any difference in his behavior, may be the kiss was really just a practice.

"How long you're gonna stare at me"

Minji instantly looked away, "I'm not staring at you okay"

"Yeah I know I'm handsome"

"Ackk.. shut up"

"Why?"

"You talk too much"

"Not more than you Ms."

"Whatever", she rolled her eyes before getting off but suddenly she felt a pull on her wrist making her sit again.

He hold her waist with his another hand and other intertwined with her fingers, while he looked straight into her eyes. This is the moment Minji is weak she knew, but she doesn't want to move back. How she knows her feelings turned from friendship to love.

His eyes shifted towards her lips, her breath hitched. She didn't expect it will happen again. Her heart was beating so fast that may be it will explode anytime. He leaned closer.

When their face a few inches apart he spoke, "My grandma says friends don't kiss"

At this moment her heart ached, she pushed him a little making him confused.

"What happened?"

"You said friends don't kiss", she said sadly.

"Yeah.."

"But we kissed", her heart was aching too much.

"That's I'm saying friends don't kiss", he's still confused what is she trying to tell.

"But we're friends"

"Of cource we are friends"

"Then let's not kiss again"

She thought he was breaking the friendship that she never wanted, she never wanted to lose him but he said those word to make her realize he wants her to be more than a friend. But her last word made him hopeless. He thought she only wants them to be friends.

Back to present,

"Minji! Y-You are h-here", Yeonjun nervously asked, he never imagined Minji would be here leaving her unfinished painting, she never does.

But the fact is now Minji saw everything.

Minji glanced at Esther who's blushing mess making her heart ache more then she turned to Yeonjun again before saying, "sorry to disturb you, bye"

Thus she rushed down the stairs, didn't give a damn care about Yeonjun who's calling her name nonstop.

She is hurt. So much hurt. She knew something was wrong when she met Esther for the first time 6 months ago but she ignored everything and believed them that she is her good friends. But now she is the one who stole the boy she loves, loves for more than 10 years...

At the other side Yeonjun thought Minji is upset because he didn't tell her about his feelings for Esther before. As she's his best friend she should have known it first. He thought he hurt her like this.

Minji rushed to her home and locked her bedroom so that nobody could enter. Of course none can enter except Yeonjun as he knows her password and he did.

He banged the door of her bedroom while she tried to calm herself down, tears never stopped flowing down her cheeks. The more Yeonjun banged the door the more her rage turning up.

"Minjiahh listen to me, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before.. please open the door"

What is he saying! Would it be any difference if he'd tell her before, the fact is he's no longer hers, and he's gonna left her one day, and the other girl is the one she thought of angel once.

"I am okay. You can leave now", she told from the other side of the room, trying not to Crack her voice due to sobbing.

"I'm not gonna leave you until you open the door"

Why? Is he acting or what? She though. He's already Esther's now what he wants from her, jealousy boiled her skin, her head, she's loosing control on herself, she never felt like this again.

"I want to be alone, please leave"

"No I won't unle-"

CRACK!

••🥀••Here's a reminder please drop some votes

••🥀••
Here's a reminder please drop some votes. Love you all.