32: Goodbye

"What happened"

"Nothing", Minji said faintly as she hugged Esther making her confused. Why is she suddenly hugging her?

"You're perfect Esther. I can never compare with you-"

"What are you talking? You're far more better than me Minji", she looked at her, "Did something happened?"

"No no.. I just wanted to say that take care of Yeonjun"

"But why-"

"No question, you know I couldn't take care of more than you do"

Without her noticing Esther's smile has dropped as if she want to say something but she can't.

"Minjiahh, never left him okay?"

Minji just nodded a little and smiled before leaving, "Okay bye"

Esther still didn't understand why Minji came to her apartment just to say such things and hugging her?
----------------------------

"Oh you're here"

Yeonjun came as Minji looked at him blankly.

"Are you alright? What happened you called me-"

Minji again felt sad. Why? Why he have to be this concerned.

"I'm okay. I just wanted some red-velvet cookies", she smiled.

"Okay", Yeonjun went to the shop and come out with some packets of her favorite red-velvet cookies. Minji started tearing up as she saw him coming.

"Here your-", Minji couldn't let him finish as she ran towards him and hugged him tightly making him disbalance a little and in the next moment he hugged her back.

"What happened Minjiahh", he caressed her back.

"I'm so lucky to have a friend like you", he smiled at her words, "but", his smile dropped at what she told,

"You should not concern about me anymore"

"What are you saying?  And why-"

"Yeonjun Esther and you look so good and perfect together, don't let others say that you're-"

"Why are you listening to others?", He pulled away from the hug and looked into her eyes.

She turned her face away, "Be happy and take care of yourself more Junnie", she cutely smiled back avoiding the topic.

Her smile and the stare in her eyes and the closeness still makes his heartbeat faster, so fast that she may hear that... but Yeonjun thought it is his concern towards her, as he caressed her hair.

"Don't worry about me Minji, you have to be cured, you have to take care of yourself okay. And never listen to others hmm?"

Minji nodded. As the cold wind of October evening hits her she clasped her hands.

"It's cold", he said, "we should go home now"

"Yeah"

As they walked together they talked about their old memories and but he failed to notice her blank face as they're closer to their home.

"Okay don't forget to take your medicine and call me if you need", Yeonjun said and waved towards her, but his heartbeat never became normal as if he can feel something is wrong. She entered her apartment and glanced at him one last time and said,

"Good bye Yeonjun"

But little does she know people say goodbye only to meet again. . .
----------------------------

"Don't wanna be the bottle that keeps a ship from sea"

Minji looked at the window putting on the earpods in her ear as the bus started it's engine.

"Don't wanna be a cage that keeps a bird from being free
Don't wanna keep a singer from a melody"

"Yeah, baby, that was you and me"

Her eyes looked around the familiar places outside the window, her memories, her childhood everything.

"I wish I was heartless and kept you as mine

I wish it were my hands that held you at night"

Her first time meeting with Yeonjun, the cookie shop. Everything is visible but in some minutes they will be very very far from her.

"But all of the love that you wanted for us
You found it in someone new"

"I hope this is for the best", she mumbled and wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes.

"So I'm not happy, but I'm happy for you"

"Just look at that smile, it's one I've never seen You laugh a lot more than you did with me"

"Yeonjun please forget about me like a nightmare", she sniffed as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Half of me knows were not a perfect match
Half me let you go, half me wants you back"

"Oh, I feel so stupid, sitting here losing you when"

She cried and cried as her vision went blurry, but no one was there to cares her hair, no one was there to pat on her back, no one was there to hug and and say, "Shh it's okay you've done it"

"I could've been heartless and kept you as mine
I wish it were my hands that held you at night"

She lift up her face and wiped her tears as she looked at her phone, it's 11:12 PM and after a few minutes it's her birthday, but...

"But all of the love that you wanted for us
You found it in someone new"

"Oh, I'm not happy, but I'm happy for you"

To the world she's going, nobody knows her birthday. Maybe Yeonjun and Esther are preparing for it. She smiled herself.

"Minji you're so dumb, why did-"

"I've defeated you, you no longer can manipulate me", she chuckled at herself that was standing a few distance away, "I'll never let you win", she stared,

"and this is my promise to myself"

••🥀••Please drop some votes on my story >

••🥀••
Please drop some votes on my story >.<