24: Manipulate

"Don't you think they're having too much fun?"

Minji looked at herself disgustingly before saying, "So what? Should I push her to water!?"

"Yeahhh you're being brave my girl! But if you do that he'll hate you more"

"Why won't you leave me alone! You told he won't hate me if I listen to you but he does. I regret I listened to you"

"Huh? You'll again end up listening to me, look at them", Minji watched the duo playing and laughing as her self continued, "Don't you want to imagine yourself in the place of that girl!"

"I hate her!", Minji mumbled, "I want her dead!"

"Of cou-"

"Minji?"

Minji looked at the direction of the female voice, it is Esther, her face has a confused expression.

"Whom are you talking to?"

Minji looked at her other side but it was gone, she's sitting alone and Esther is in front of her.

So this is reality.

"What happened Esther?", Yeonjun came running.

"I came here because Minji wasn't noticing me when I signaled her to come over, but she was talking to herself here"

"Minji?", Yeonjun asked concerned.

"N-no.. I was humming the lyrics", Minji showed her phone.

"But you didn't seem to-"

"Should I give you proof that I'm telling the truth, or if you think I'm lying then I don't care-"

"MINJI!", Yeonjun raised his voice a little, "Why are you talking to her like this! You're not the Minji I knew!"

"I'm so sorry Yeonjun", she scoffed, "but tell your girlfriend not to be nosy about me!"

"MINJI!-"

"Let it go Yeonjun", Esther replied. But she felt something must be happening to Minji. Because Esther knew Minji was not like this before, see seems like someone is manipulating her.

Esther surely saw her talking to herself, as Esther watching Minji going back to Yeonjun's car, she knew she should find out what's happening to her.
----------------------------

"I'm sorry", Minji said as the other two turned to her, "E-Esther a-and I'm sorry Y-Yeonjun"

"I don't know what is happening to me, I'm sorry for being rude earlier"

Esther was about to say something but Yeonjun coldly answered, "First break the plate and then say sorry yeah? That's what you're doing nowadays right?"

Minji looked down at his coldness, her heart ached.

"I'm sorry", Minji couldn't control her emotions as tears started rolling down her cheeks, Minji started hating herself.

But Yeonjun scoffed again, he's annoyed. He wants to understand Minji but always she's disappointing him.

"Yeonjun!", Esther signaled him not to react like that, but the truth is he's hurt too by Minji's actions, so he turned his face.

"Don't cry, I hate seeing you cry", Yeonjun told and started his car as Minji sniffed trying her best to hold her emotions and Esther is looking at the front blankly.
----------------------------

"You're worthless!"

BANG!

Minji threw the things in anger, as her self is blaming her from a few distance. Minji fell on the floor, her living room is looking mess right now just like how her mom did a few years ago.

"I'm not worthless! I'm what I am... why are you trying to manipulate me!? Yeonjun is hurt! I hurt him! Why did I listened to you!?"

"If you won't he'll hate you even more"

"I WANT TO BE THE PREVIOUS MINJI!", She yelled, "I Don't need you!!"

"You have to, I promise you'll get what you want! Just go and confess to Yeonjun, but before that you have to remove that thorn on the rose tree"

"How should I?"

It smiled at her, "I said that you'll always end up listening to me"

••🥀••Yeonjun please save Minji, don't misunderstand her, Esther felt right, listen to her

••🥀••
Yeonjun please save Minji, don't misunderstand her, Esther felt right, listen to her.