13: Cherish forever

Flashback; 5 years ago,

"What? Is it true?", Yeonjun blocked his mouth with his palm.

"Yeah.. I heard with my own ears?"

"Really Seojun likes Bora?"

Minji slapped his hand making him hiss in pain, "how many times should I say? He was talking with his friends and besides it is obvious how he behaves towards her"

"Yahh I don't tolerate violence in my household", Yeonjun remarked rubbing his arms.

"Oh sorry! Animal mistreatment is wrong", she shrugged and he pinched her cheeks, tickling her.

They are 14 still they can feel the care and love, that they thought of friendship but they are confused of their feelings.

"Then Bora did tell you something or-"

"She isn't that close to me but I was there when she and Seojun were eating icecream.. I saw both of them blushing.. they're true soulmates you know"

"Since when do you believe in soulmates?" He pouted a little.

She wasn't going to tell him.

Minji would never admit that Choi Yeonjun was the reason she believed in soulmates. She was never about to confess that her heart became fuzzy whenever he touched her or smiled at her.

Nope.

"I guess I am romantic. Don't you think?"

"Yehh", he did a puking expression, "do you think monkeys are romantic?"

The memory of their first meeting is still a current topic but Yeonjun never imagined he'd befriended with a girl who can climb a tree like monkeys to take his toy aeroplane stuck there. Yeonjun's eyes widened when he came to know she can climb trees. But according to Minji this was romantic. 

"You should be respectful to your evolutionary ancestors", she raised her eyebrows but Yeonjun groaned.

Suddenly Yeonjun launched her, attacking her with tickles. She she was gasping for air while giiggling, in every second. And she thought this moment was perfect.

Yeonjun sat up on his knees, panting, looking at an extremely blushed Minji.

"That's what you get calling me a monkey", he crossed his arms in front of his chest, proudly.

"So what? It doesn't change the fact", she rolled her eyes when Yeonjun groaned before tickling her again.

"You are dead today!", he giggled at her giggles.

She wasn't able to respond her as he's tickling her too much.

He stopped. However his closeness never left her. Minji looked at Yeonjun smiling as his eyes are crinkling.

"What..?", she pursed her lips and moved so she could sit.

"No", Yeonjun pushed her so she could lying down again. Her eyes widened instantly, her heart hammered against her chest in excitement.

"What?"

"Can I kiss you?", He mumbled.

"Why?", she was breathless.

Of cource she wanted him to kiss her, but why did he want to kiss her? Why?

"Practice", the boy shrugged.

Minji knew how her heart dropped was not good. But she felt hurt. She knew though she had feelings for this boy, he saw her as his friend or may be a sister. He doesn't have feelings for her, he just wants to know how it feels to kiss.

Yet still there she was, feeling more enamored than ever, of Choi Yeonjun.

"Okay", she squeaked.

If he wanted to kiss her, she'd take it. Even if it just a practice. Because there would may never be another chance for her to touch his lips with her and she really wanted to.

Minji really wanted to kiss Yeonjun.

So the boy smiled at her answer and hovered a little over her, his face inches apart from hers and his breath fanning against her skin. She wouldn't admit it but she was so stiff, she'd been in this position with Yeonjun several times during their friendship years. But now it was different. It felt completely different.

"Are you sure?"

"Are you gonna kiss me or not?", her eyebrows knitted and he giggled before rolling his eyes.

"You're so bossy", he mumbled softly and then pressed their lips together.

Her soul left her body, and then she regained consciousness and lifted her hand around his neck, caressing the skin available and smiling into his lips.

It is the first time they'd kissed each other. And Minji would always cherish this day as the day she had her first kiss. Because it is the first one that mattered, the first one that took her breath away when their lips moved in sync and that confirmed her growing suspicions,

She is falling in love with Choi Yeonjun.

••🥀••I wish one day Minji can tell her feelings to him

••🥀••
I wish one day Minji can tell her feelings to him