T E N

After an embarrassing attempt at joining Sasha's club, and finally settling on the chess club, we made our way into SLTs

After an embarrassing attempt at joining Sasha's club, and finally settling on the chess club, we made our way into SLTs. "Chess is cool!" I defended in return to Darren ripping the shit out of our decision to join the club. "Is it?" They asked with a laughed.

"Everyone's gonna think we're the smartest bitches in school." I joked, Everyone giggling. "Well it sounds revoltingly wholesome." They replied. "It is. Just us, our opponents, some cute little queens and castles." Amerie said, waving her hands in the air.

"And whatever those other pieces are called. Basically the opposite of sex." I shrugged. "Amerie, isn't there a lot of boys in chess club?" Quinni asked. I hadn't thought about that, though I wasn't the one who'd joined to avoid sex. "Yeah but they're all losers and not hot at all!" Amerie said, pointing down to her crotch. "Here? Totally safe."

"Morse code

"Morse code... on her clity." Spider crudely replied to JoJo's question. I sat next to Dougie, who balled up a sheet of paper and tossed it at Spider's face, making me giggle softly. Dougie had been a bit quiet since the gig at Dusty's and I was a little concerned about what was going on with him, though he'd never tell me. Dougie was always strong, holding our family together like glue.

"Let's split into our designated pairs and work through the scenarios on our worksheets." JoJo said enthusiastically. I sighed, closing my workbook and looking through the list of pairs on the board.

Quinni and Sasha
Dusty and Missy
Douglas and Darren

...Spencer and Daisie

"Fuck my life." I mumbled, smacking my hand onto my forehead. "Good luck with that, Dais." Dougie laughed as he made his way over to Darren, leaving a space for Spider to sit, oblivious to just how unlucky this was. I kept finding myself in these unnecessary situations where I had to be in his presence, and he in mine.

I watched from a short distance as Sasha and Quinni made their way outside, Sasha had suggested it be a better workspace for Quinni, though Dusty quickly snapped me out of my gaze as he sat on the table  opposite mine. "It was an insane night, someone stole my dads car and crashed it into a shop off Heeley street." He said with a chuckle. "I'd love to know the arsehole who did it." Dusty finished talking to Missy and I quickly moved my eyes down to my worksheet.