T W E N T Y N I N E

"All of our students on the respectful relationships program made an oath to the school that there would be no second chances when it came to disreputable behaviour

"All of our students on the respectful relationships program made an oath to the school that there would be no second chances when it came to disreputable behaviour. After Daisie's very public outburst at the city of Sydney inter school basketball semifinals, I am considering suspending her." My eyes shot up to face Woodsy from where they hung low to the floor, shamefully slumped in my seat with JoJo to my left and Nanna to my right, who planted a swift smack across the back of my head as Woodsy spoke.

"Listen, what Daisie did was wrong, clearly. But what about the fuckwits who-"

"Nanna!" I gasped at her profanity, Woodsy's eyes widening as Nanna spoke. She raised her hand, brushing me off as she continued to plead my case in an attempt to excuse the drastic measure of a suspension. "What about the boys who provoked her to act like that in the first place, what's being done to punish them, ay'?" Nanna questioned.

I definitely wasn't accustomed to getting into trouble at the school, it was usually Dougie who Nanna was defending. She was shocked to receive a phone call requesting a meeting with the headteacher regarding my wrathful outburst yesterday. "Daisie's never been good with men, ever since that disgusting man she has the burden of calling father left to pursue his dream of, get this, selling meth from his kitchen." I whimpered in embarrassment at the oversharing of details, smacking the palm of my head to my forehead.

I wanted to crawl into a hole and die. As soon as I'd finished my eruption of anger in the gym, I'd regretted it, knowing the consequences and punishment that would follow as Woodsy dragged me out of the gym by my cotton on my sleeve. Though, I didn't regret the clear glimmer of humiliation in Spider and Ants eyes.

"I understand we all have our personal issues at home, but Daisie has made a mockery of our school. As for Spencer and Anthony, they have been punished as we see fit. I believe your brother, Douglas, was involved in that too, Daisie." Woodsy said coldly, leaning over the desk to meet my eye. Nanna opened her mouth to scold the women, coming to her wits end, there was only so much a woman in her late seventies could take of peoples bullshit, after all.

"I will do detention every day after school, I will pick up more rubbish. I'll do anything, please just don't suspend me. I never get into trouble, I won't do it again. I promise." I pleaded, meeting Woodsy's eye. She looked toward me sympathetically, leaning back into her chair to think for a moment.

"I suppose year eleven is a difficult time for any student, miss Obah. You're right in saying you don't get into trouble often, Daisie, if ever. So, in this instance, I will reduce the punishment to detention. Starting next week, detention till the end of term." I breathed a sigh of relief at her words, Nanna nodding in satisfaction. "Actually, detention is a little bit full at the moment." I peered at miss Obah, her eyes narrowing toward me. Her words were an attempt to save me from spending every day after school with them, the people i want to make every attempt to stay away from.

"It's detention or suspension, your choice, Daisie." I nodded hesitantly to her terms, accepting my fate. I knew there would be a punishment for what I'd done, but spending every afternoon with Spider was worse than any length of suspension. Everybody in agreement, Woodsy shook my Nanna's hand as we left the office.