10

Hunter Colin

I cut the engine of my bike with a grunt, glancing over at Bear's Harley I parked next too. It's got an extended seat now I installed myself, it was an old install I did when he first started seeing my sister. Now I was doing oil changes for her G-wagon he bought her while my nephew followed me around the shop like a shadow.

Watching Bambi and Bear love grow was like forgetting time, for a moment she was my battered shell of the sister I once new and the next she was filling the room with the brightness of her happy nature again.

My sister house reminded me everything that our childhood wasn't, warm, cozy and filled with love. Bear had built the house a year into his presidency at the club, Bear was great man and a honorable Prez to follow out on the road but he liked his space and quiet, well he used too, he still spoke hardly but Bambi had an open door policy and Bear would do anything to keep her happy so that meant he allowed our brothers over more, main events were still held at the clubhouse but now it wasnt like our prez was unreachable in his fortress of solitude.

Bambi had gaped a bridge we didn't know was missing.

"Bullet."

"Bear." He smirks, clapping his hand over my shoulder as we clap hands leaning toward each other.

"Uncle B, you came!" Bayou bolts past his father rushing at me and I'm quick to grab him before his bare feet touch the porch.

"Hey bossman, oh gosh your so heavy now! watcha been eating kid." His giggles dance over my ears as I make a show to maneuver his body around, flipping him sideways and even upside down as he squeals, pretending to inspect in wonder what he could be eating.

"Come on, dinners almost done." Bear chuckles, moving to let me in and I pause at the door, place my cut on the hook next to Bears and move to kick off my boots as Bayou squirms in my arms, jumping down.

"Mama! Uncle B is here!" I hear him scream and I chuckle as Bear pinches the bridge of his eyebrow.

"No matter how many times I tell that boy to stop running into the kitchen." He grumbles but his face itself is void of any real frustration.

"He'll learn." I offer with a smirk, most people would say, 'come on, you were probably as wild as him at your age.' But I knew Bear better than most, and I knew the childhood he's providing for my nephew, his son- wasnt something he could afford at that age.

Something my sister and I relate closely too, maybe that's why we all work equally has hard to ensure a peaceful childhood for all the kids in our lives. It was only fair to them.

There was a football game playing on the big screen in the living room but Bear moved to the kitchen so I followed, gazing briefly at the framed photos of Bambi and Bear at their wedding, baby shower and just their love framed and hung proudly in general.

"Hey Bullet, you made it." Bambi is standing at the sink, she tosses me a smile but her gaze is immediately pulled back toward the window.

"Hey Bam, whats wrong?" But she doesn't answer me, she squeals and moves to step away from the sink, the water still running as she flings off the rubbered gloves and snatching her wedding ring off the counter. Pushing past Bear and I.

I raise an eyebrow at Bear who only struggles, snatching a green bean out the serving dish on the coffee table. "She invited her assistant from the studio, shes excited." Bear explains In a tone that sounds offended I would even question his wife's happiness and I nod.

I hadn't found the time to go to the studio after that day and I cant help but wonder if she hired the woman who reminded me of the painted goddess.

Amara was her name, she was gorgeous, a bronze glow at her cheeks but I knew she wasnt from around here, if the constant tinge of pink under her tawny skin was an indication she was not used to Nevada's burning heat.

"Thank you again for inviting me, your house is amazing." The same sultry voice that had caught me off guard at the studio was suddenly floating into my sisters kitchen as the front door shut again.

"You're more than welcome. Amara this is my husband Bear, Bear this is Amara." Bear had moved to turn off the sink water and I moved towards the fridge, not really sure what it is im looking for, yanking a bottle of water from the fridge I shut it with a light click as her response echoes.
"Nice to meet you." Her tone makes me want to laugh, it sounds like every person who meets Bear for the first time. Stunned by his massive height and rugged features.

"Pleasure." Is all he offers, black eyes only remaining on Amara for so long before they drift back to my sister, warmth I only ever seen him have with Bambi sparks in his eyes and he doesn't try to hide it. Gazing at her adorningly.

"And this is my brother Bullet, Bullet this is Amara." I turn now, knowing what she already looks like the image of the painting still in my mind, I don't expect to be stunned by her beauty a second time but I am, she looks radiant a lightness to her feature that was there the day she walked into the studio.

My mind flitters briefly, thinking if she remembers me from that day also. It was a brief encounter and I doubt I left any impression but fucking hell if there wasnt something about her that lingered in the back of my mind.

"I remember you, the help, right?" I hear Bear huff a chuckle and my jaw slacken slightly as I take in the amusement dancing in her eyes.