31

Over twenty-seven percent of men had been sexually victimized at some time in their lives.

There were men that carried the patch just as Bullet did who had experienced some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, whether they were aware of it or not, wasn't Bullets concern. The lack of their awareness to his assault was his concern.

It wasn't a question or a misconception among the club, Bullet hated his mother, he hated her before she showed up and tried to snatch Bambi away. By then, Bianca had made a full on enemy of the Devils Horn Motorcycle Club.

What happened to him wasn't something he had ever prepared himself to explain to anyone, it was a secret he had been ready to take to his grave.

But now he had been called early in the morning, he didn't like Bears tone. It was angry and teetering on slight panic and it made Bullet uneasy, even more so to leave Amara so abruptly after spending almost seven hours together straight.

That settled feeling of peace leeched like a slow leak out of him the more distance that seemed to grow between them. By the time he reached his sisters front door his palms were slick and his stomach felt like it was going to cave in on itself.

Bear opened the door, having seen his truck along up their dirt path into the paved concrete from the kitchen. Dark eyes lingering on his old lady as he passed her to the front door, it was almost eight in the morning and Bayou was asleep, still Bear strained his eyes towards the stairs for any indication other wise before opening the door.

Their living room tv had been playing on what felt like an endless loop, the volume was low but every word uttered could be made out clearly. Bear offered no words, no pleasantries as he jerk his chin towards the living room.

Bullet almost wanted to turn and walk right back out the front door, which is why he knew Bear was making him walk first. Sat in the middle of their massive couch, almost sunk into the deep cushions sat his sister.

She looked as if she hadn't slept well or at all, her usual routine of ensuring her hair was brushed and face clear of any traces of her rough night sleep being as pregnant as she was had been abandoned the moment to cut the tv to listen to the news as she started breakfast.

Bear had only just begun to wake up when he found Bambi staring, dazed at the tv. Silent tears dropping down her face and when she swayed on her feet Bear moved her to the couch.

"Thursday evening after arriving home from our honeymoon my home was broken into and my wife was attacked. Fortunately my security team was diligent in getting the culprit out of our home and my wife By the grace of god has not sustained any bodily harm.

However now she feels unsafe in our home, she feel victimized and violated. As senator I made it my mission to ensure a safe environment for everyone in our community. My family included.

This is a message, to the man who so foolishly made the decision to invade my home and badger my wife. This will not go without consequences, Hunter Colin will be founded by authorities and brought to gavel as any lowly criminal-"

James Pritchard, he stood before the press proudly, a look of conviction on his face as his wife, Bianca stood beside him a facade of sadness and feign tears caught by a dry tissue. Not a single ounce of her makeup effect by her 'tears'.

Bullets picture was displayed now, with a message in red and all capital letters: IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION ON THIS MAN PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITIES OR THIS HOTLINE- 1800-457-8264.

Bear clicked the tv off but Bambi nor Bullet looked away from the darkened screen. It was a long beat of silence before a thud echoed from upstairs, Bear rose, knowing his son was awake now.
Bambi hardly register the warm kiss he placed on her head as her stomach clutched painfully, breathing deeply through her nose she listened to Bears heavy footsteps as the moved up stairs, each thud matched the thundering of her heart in her chest.

"I know she burned down the shelter."All of this couldn't be because the shelter burned down, the blood thirsty look of revenge that swallowed her brother whole anytime he even thought about their mother was much deeper than anyone thought. Bambi was stupid, she knew her brother had left for a reason, her fear had been if she asked him he might leave again. She wasn't sure if he'd want her to follow this time.

Bullet didn't know if the pain in his chest was worse than the pain in his head as ruthless memories pushed themselves forward.
Squeezing his eyes shut he forces the bike crawling up his throat as he body felt like it was swaying but he was standing perfectly still. Bambi wasn't even sure if he was breathing, all life in her brother seemed to drain.

"Hunter." Her tone was weary yet reassuring and she let out a breath as his shoulder slumped with heavy emotion. Eyes that reminded her of their father stared back at her with a deep rooted sadness she had never seen before and it made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end.

"I-she." Fuck. He wanted to smash something, the words getting caught in his throat and he almost moved back as Bambi stood suddenly and shuffled towards him.
Wrapping her arms around his torso she hugged her brother as tight and as close as she could. The pain painted across her brothers face wasn't something that could be comforted with words.
For as long as she could remember her brother had always been strong, like he was made of steel, even when their father died she'd hear him cry to himself at night but when day would come he would wake her up and help her get ready for school with a tight lipped smile.

Eyes stinging, he pulled his sister into him, her lavender scent was calming and familiar. It had been her signature scent since he could remember, but now he was struggling to find comfort, any type of peace as a traitorous tear slid down his cheek.

"I don't know where to start, Bam."