55

Amara

My father had more sense than his big mouth sometimes gave him credit for. Now he was im sure, wishing I hadn't been born considering the violent glare that was being gifted to me from through the windshield of his car.

Agustin sighed, rolling his eyes. "He'll get over it, and if he doesn't just chalk it up to another muse of inspiration." He snorted shaking his head, brown eyes twinkling like they used to as he smiled to himself like an inside joke.

"Are you still taking pictures?" My brother shrugged, looking away briefly Bullet and razor remained inside the bar under Bears orders but the man himself was standing off to the side with Tennessee, I guess to ensure my father left without anymore protest.

"Nah, not lately. Passion still there, even under all the damage, all the drugs. I guess I'm in need for a muse myself." He hums, eyes flicking over me briefly. "Still running?" I grinned.

Immediately remembering the abandoned track beyond a tattered fence that quickly grew to be my soft space. Almost as much as the man who introduced it to me.

"Physically, yes." Mentally and emotionally I don't think I'll ever be running again. Agustin nods like he understands and a part of me knows he does.

"And uh Bullet, I mean the man looks at you like you pump the color into his world. Is he only a distraction or do you really plan to stay here in the desert?" Agustin rubs at the back of his neck, his expression flushing slightly and his words sting, like a hot blade. But it's expected. I had anticipated.

Swallowing the thorns in my throat. I try to smile but it feels more like a wince.
"I plan to stay here as long as Bullets here." Because I don't think I could survive losing the last remains of my heart.

Agustin's shoulders sagged, "So that's it? He leads and you follow?" His tone is flat but his eyebrows scrunch, wrinkling the skin there as he tosses his hands out. I can hear the gravel shift under Bears feet as I nod.

"Yes." Is all I answer. The truth is much easier than denying I wouldn't follow Bullet where ever on the back of that bike.

The feeling was final and warm like a wax seal. Settling into my skin as easy as the suns rays. Sending bubbles of warm dancing into my blood making my stomach flutter.

"It's getting late. Suggest y'all get on the road before the coyote comes out." Bear grunts, a heavy arm coming to rest on my shoulder as he pulls me slightly behind him and my brother only looks more confused by his words but I feel the alarm bells go off in my head a bike engine roars.

A large, linky man perched on a ravenous looking bike slides out the garage without a helmet and a menacing smile. His patch red and unlike the others read clearly Coyote. Im sure the name comes from the wild look in his eyes, the animalistic nature to his features was uncanny.

"Ill call you Agustin." I holler over the reviving bike as Bear starts to pull me back towards the club house, widening my eyes. Urging my brother to get a move on.

Bear stops and lets me see them off, Agustin eyes peer at me until my father reverses, and pulls out, kicking up dust and debris as he cranks the gas.

"The kid's not so bad, but your father- I'll take him to the ring the next time he comes." Bear grunted. Squeezing my shoulder into what I can only assume is his version of a hug. "I meant what I said," he continues, "You're Bullets old lady, you're family. And we'll protect you no matter what." He offers a lifted shoulder a ghost of a smile on his face as he releases me from his Bear hug even one armed.

"Thank you Bear."

"No thanks needed. I hope you know how essential you've become to our family." I nod, not so intimidated by his looming presence as much. I could see why he was the president, Bear genuinely cared about each and every person under his care and he would eliminate the threat before it had a chance to do any harm.

"Is it crazy to say you all have become essential parts of my life too?" Bear chuckled deep in his chest, shaking his head.

"I see why you and Razor get a long so well, you both have a hard time accepting you may have been born in different families but this has been your family the entire time." Bear pushes the doors open, everyone flooding the bar space beside the door, expressions varying from relief to sadness gazing back at me.

"I'm so glad you're okay Amara." Bambi embraces me first, yanking me into her arms and I hug her carefully aware of the precious new born cradled in one arm.
"Hey, sorry to worry you. Hey little hunny bun." I coo, her tiny lips curling up into a smile her eyes still shut. Honey was the smallest quietest baby I'd ever seen. I loved bayou however I felt my heart warm each time look at the tiny baby.

"We need to have lunch or something soon with the girls. Life's been so crazy lately." Bambi mumbled, a frown etched into her face as we gazed over Honey together, I felt my heart twist.

"Lunch would be great." I squeeze her hand smiling, enjoying the way her face lights up.

"I'm so glad you and my brother are together, he needs you." She winked, suddenly scurrying away towards Bear as warm, large arms wrapped around my waist.

"Want to take a ride with me?" I swallow my giggle as his beard, slightly over grown tickles my ear as his lips skim over the flesh there.

"Can we get burgers on the way back?" I bargain, cheesing my a cat who got the milk as his hands roam over my middle, rubbing and caressing.

"Anything you want, goddess."