54

Bullet

"Hunter, stop."

"Bullet."

Amaras and Bears voices sounded muffled. Far away.
I couldn't tear my eyes away from the sniveling, narrowed dead man walking trembling under the barrel of my gun.

"That's my woman you're talking about, your daughter your disrespecting. I should take your fucking tongue." I growl, enjoying the way his lips quiver around the cold metal.
I hardly ever pulled my gun most days, it was an easy thing, an M9 I've had since I was patched.

"M-man," Agustin moves forward out of the corner of my eye, his hands held up in surrender and he scooted closer to me. But my mind pulls me back to the blood splatter and brain matter that would decorate the walls once I pulled the trigger. "I, of all people know my dad is an asshole but I am begging you to not kill him. If not for me than for my sister." His Adam apple bobs as he gulps audible.

My molars grind, fuck.
Releasing my hold on his jaw I push him away, letting him collapse back into the booth like the bag of bones he looks like.

He gasp, loudly as if I cut his air supply but the snot splattered on his face is evident of him breathing through his nose.

I step back, staring him down because god knows if I look at Amara right now, I'll be tempted to haul her over my shoulder like a cave man and take her home, give her the peace she's been looking for.
It was nauseatingly clear why Amara ran, why she ended up half way across the country all on her own running on fumes.

"Despite what he says, I came only to see if you were doing okay. When we heard you dropped out and then Julius called frantically, I was worried." The air around Amara turns prickly cold as she tenses, her eyes finding mine and her hands. I could tell she was nervous, his name had been said twice around my presence and now among my brothers.

My eyes shoot to keys whose already typing rapidly on his laptop. I feel her eyes on me for a heart beat longer before she finally speaks.

"I appreciate that Agustin, but I'm happy here. I-I applied for the Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship here at the University of Nevada. I have a job and people here that I care about."

"And that care about her back." Bear adds gruffly. His dark eyes radiating with a silent rage. Long before I claimed Amara, she was claimed by the family. She'd realize it soon enough, she was now apart of our dysfunctional ensemble.

I can tell Bears comments stuns my woman into a momentary silence and her fathers takes the moment to recover enough to speak.

"So you're just going to forget about your family? For a bunch of strangers?" He scoffs and I tilt my head, trying to identify him with the man Amara briefly spoke fondly off once, a moment in his studio working with clay together. Now he seemed bitter, and doing everything in his power to tear her down.

I wanted to take a chainsaw to his knees.

My goddess deserved nothing but the highest praise, if I had to take them for her coated in blood. She's get them.

Amara scoffs, a humorless laugh bubbling out of her as she throws her hands up dropping them her palms slaps on her hips.
"Yes! Because what am I losing back there? You all did not care about me then and the only reason you are here now because the perfectly married artist moguls with their prodigy children cannot handle anymore bad publicity from their 'problem child'." She huffs, saying the words with exasperation.

With her hair braided her face is more prominent, a clear view of her cinnamon skin and serene dark brown siren eyes that burned bright with anger right now. 

"I am not what you make of me, and neither are you Agustin. We were dealt some shitty fucking parents in the shuffle but you are not what they make us." Amara spoke clearly and strongly, a fucking force of nature. A vein in her fathers forehead throb as his face pinched into an even more pissed off expression, one I didn't think he was capable of.

"Ama-" He had the fucking balls to open that rotten fucking mouth again. Jesus, my children were essentially doomed in the grandparent department.

"I've for one have heard enough. Now, I've let my sister handle this as far as she has. Through it all she's been disrespected and several times have asked you to leave. Take a look around, you are in my world, men like you don't last very long in my world." Bears voice rumbles over any protest, like thunder clapping over mindless chatter, ending his words before they even begin. A snarl decorating his features. As my brother essentially have started to surround the booth. Tennessee and Eightball linger by the door having a smoke, Razor returned with a few prospects idling by the bar but perched like big cats about to attack. The others filling the near by tables and booths, Bambi, Marisol and Lisa moving in to pull Amara away if shit hit the fan.

"She's saved your life twice now, third times a charm Mr. Joseph." Razor smirks but its only of malice.
Through it all I find myself moving towards my woman, pressing my chest into her shoulder as I wrapped an admittedly possessive arm around her waist. "Breath, firefly." Her chest presses out as she inhales deeply, her hand moving to clutch my arm.

"Does it make me a bitch if I really wished we stayed in bed this morning?" She whispers in conspiracy. It makes me chuckle inwardly and it feels good to have our moment among the chaos, moving so I could whisper in her ear.

"Oh, I am so putting you in front of that mirror." I squeezed her hip, liking the way her breathing hitched and her cheeks flushed I could see much more clearly this close up. I was smirked, silently letting her know I planned to make good on my promise.

I'd show her just how much worship and praise my goddess deserves.