51

It felt like someone has injected pure hot lava right into Hunters blood stream, like all the neuron in his brain had stop firing because for some reason he couldn't correlate the tight grip of this mans hands on his woman and the fact that the man was still breathing together.

There was no thinking, no hesitation, or questions to be asked. Hunter lunged, all logic deluded with the pained expression on Amara's face.

Fingers just barely curling around the mans jacket, When Amara jerks, standing from the booth her hands fly to Hunters chest without reserve, no fear to be had with the man she had already given her heart to.

"Bullet, no." Her words stern as Hunter used his few inches of height to glare over her to her father. The diner was eerily quiet now and it made it easier to pin point the sound of motorcycles revving in the distance. Sighing, Amara glanced over her shoulder to see her fathers already frowning face darken with a hard look. He was glaring back but not at the giant biker threating him, no he was glaring at his daughter.

"He's my father." She gulped as Hunter didn't bat an eye at her words.

"I dont give a fuck who he is, he keeps lookin' at you like that he'll be just another bo-" Hunters pinned gazed softened almost immediately as he was forced to look at Amara, her soft palm pressed over his mouth, intending to muffling his words had distracted him all together. It didn't matter what was happening or who was around, if Amara demanded it, Hunter gave her his full undiluted attention.

Hunters neck bowed as she pulled him closer with her dark gaze, "I can't let you kill him." She found herself whispering words she never thought she would about her father, about anyone. But Amara was far from stupid and she was acquainted with the apex predator that lurked beneath the charming eyes more than his own brothers.

"Amara, im going to give you three second to explain this." Amara sighed, knowing her father was not going to just disappear like she hoped, instead he had opened his big fat mouth. She could feel the muscles under her palms tense as Hunter moved forward a step, that sent her back two. The table brushing her hip.

"and you got about two seconds before I lay you on your ass-"
"Bullet!" She narrowed her gaze as he crossed his massive arms over his wide chest, narrowing his gaze right back.

"Dont push me, goddess, you scared me half to death. I'll be damned if him or anyone else talks to you in a manner less than." Amara's breath hitched, when had his voice gotten so growly?

"I- You" She wanted to scream, the collide of her two worlds was more messier than she could imagine and the sound of motorcycles closing in only seemed like the theme music to her doom.

Bullet sighed, his raging anger only subsiding from the defeated look painted over her pretty face. Reaching up he cupped the nape of her neck, the soft hairs there tinkling over his skin. Pressing a kiss to her forehead he lingered longer than needed, relishing in the softness of her, taking the moment to breath before pulling back.

"Is this why you ran off? Another impulsive decision like you following Julius to that school." He father scoffed, grumbling to himself as he shook his head. "You may have broken that boys heart." He crooned, too far into his own mirage of things to notice the tension built up in his daughter like a cement wall, entire posture rigidly still as she pulled away.

Teeth ground together painfully tight and her hands were shaking as she placed them on the table, leaning until she was eye level with her still muttering father.

"'I may have broken his heart?'" Amara repeated loudly, an empty smile painted over her face but her eyes burned with tears and the expression on her face made her father still completely. "You couldn't even begin to imagine the things he broke in me." She whispered harshly, loud enough for her father to hear every syllable, low enough that Bullet couldn't made out the words, just the soft rasp of sadness he wasn't used to hearing in her voice. "Leave and-"

"Amara, jesus-" Bullet saw the boy before Amara did, rushing into the diner just as Bear and Razor pull up to his dropped bike. He had shaggy brown hair that curled over his forehead in messy, frizzy coils. The boy looked oddly familiar although Bullet was sure he had never seen him before. Still, he pushed his massive body between Amara and the boy as he approached quickly, disregarding the many stares they were receiving in the small diner.

"Who are you?" Bullet felt his head tilt at the accusing glare he was suddenly receiving. "Man, you may be the size of a small building but if you dont get outta my way- its gonna be me and you." He narrowed his dark brown eyes and Bullet felt his lips tilt inwardly.

He knew those eyes.

Stepping aside he nodded to the man as Amara stepped around, immediately yanking the scrawny boy in her arms.

"Agustin." She hummed and despite the shocked still old man still lingering in the booth, Amara could feel like a crack in her heart was being sew back together. "You're okay." She squeezed her little brothers shoulders, frowning at the bones that jutted out but there were no dark purple bags under his eyes anymore, he was smiling and sober.

Her brother was sober and he had been looking for her.

"Don't cry, you'll ruin my shirt." Agustin snorted as his sister clutched him tighter huffing a quiet chuckle, he sighed. Falling into her embrace as he rubbed soothing circles in her back. That much he didn't need to learn in rehab, how to hug the sister that practically raised him was second nature.

Knowing she wasn't alright was first.