60

Bullet

"Senators hemmed up with the Feds, Hendrix was able to exchange what bit of information we had to clear your name. All accounts have been frozen and with what I have on Bianca it won't be a problem to give Hendrix the same tip." Razor spoke briskly, in the background Bear grunted a few times, clipping away of keys and the quiet clatter as I washed the dishes from breakfast while Amara showered.

My mind rolled over the possibilities, "Jail won't hold her." We both knew that, Bianca was a snake but she could talk her way out of any trouble she'd ever found herself in. I had witnessed it too many times growing up that I had to actually start to differentiate my mother with what she portrayed to the world and what she actually was.

"Maybe not, but it's more likely for Bianca to flee than turn herself in." He cleared his throat, shuffling in the background as Bear speaks up.
"Bambi thinks she'll go back to Georgia, mentioned a few friends she still got there and the house." His voice dipped at the mention of that house, memories rocked the surface. My jaw clenched as I focused on the suds and plates below in the sink.

"I can send a team, retrieve her in a week's time."
The pipes creak in the walls and I know Amara will be emerging from the bathroom soon, rolling my neck to the side I scrub at the dishes even though they're not all that dirty.

"No, I'll ride down. Take care of it myself." That's the only way I'll be able to get this restlessness in my bones to settle. Instead of the thundering in my veins I focused on Amara and this being her first ride as an old lady, I wasn't sure if there was anyway to prepare her but I knew spending time with her before I hit the road was a start if there was one.

"If you're sure, we get on the road in two days. I'm putting a soft lockdown in place, put a few prospects outside her apartment til you get back." I nod,
"I appreciate it. I gotta go." As much as I trusted my brothers, we had a few new nomads coming around and I didn't want Amara staying where I hid from everyone while my demons cracks down on me like a whip.

There's a crackle like a chuckle before Razors voice echoes in the background, "Don't forget to come up for air!" Then a clap resonates and I just know someone's fingers have slid across the back of his head.

"Thanks Bambi." I smiled, knowing she was in the loop now, made things easier. Keys didn't feel like he was sneaking around Bears back digging for information for me and I didn't feel like I was sending my sister into a mental spiral of guilt that wasn't her to carry.

"You're welcome. Now tell Amara I still expect her at Sunday dinner! It'll be at the clubhouse since Bear is putting us on punishment." She snickered as Bear grumbled to himself.

"Got it." I flicked the water off the last plate, spinning as Amara's light foot steps echoed into the living room.
Ending the call I let my phone hit the counter, slipping it from between my shoulder and ear.

"I think I need some plants or something, it's so dull in here." I nodded at her words, looking around with her.

"You want to live here?" My tone was careful, not wanting to offend what Amara had pulled together all on her own.

She blinked at me, she made the Jean shorts and simple tank top look like she was ready for the runway, her bare toes, painted a deep dark purple almost black wiggled at me.

My woman was too fuckin cute.

"I mean I know you said you'd get us a house but there are a lot of advantages of living so close to our workplace." She turned, giving me her back and I frowned at the tone of her voice.

"Firefly, what's this about?" I ignore her initial reasoning, both of us knowing full well we had transportation to and from work. I remain silent, leaning my hip against the counter as she flicked the imaginary dust off the couch.

"You've only know me about a year, Hunter-"

"Eleven months and three days." I shrug, time around Amara seemed unreal, like it didn't involve in the realm around her, keep track felt almost impossible some days but my pa always taught me to count my blessings.

She narrowed her dark eyes on me and pinned a hand on her hip, "Bullet, I love you but you have no idea what's it's like to live with me. I-" She shakes her head, "I'm messy, I'll probably burn our kitchen down one day and I detest doing any type of laundry. Living with me will-"

"Be a dream come true everyday." I move off my perch, taking slow measured steps, "We'll hire a weekly maid, I'll do all the cooking and laundry. I chose you Amara, everything that's comes with you." Grabbing at the back of her neck I enjoy the way her breath hitches, palms coming to rest on my bare chest.
"If you want us to live here, we will. If you want to live in our house down the hill, we will. But you're my woman, I'll be damned if we aren't living under the same roof." I finish, wanting nothing more than to yank her up and kiss her until she forgot any and all foolish thoughts.

Her face is warm as she rest the side of it on my chest, ear placed over my thumping heart beat.
Running my hand down her silky braids, I tighten my hold around her waist.
"So that's it, huh? I'm all yours and you're all mine. Just like that." Dark brown eyes peer up at me, her full lips pulling into a soft smile.

"Just like that." I murmur, pulling down to kiss those full, alluring lips.