62

Hunter

I was going to murder someone.

I was already strategizing my finances and Amara's place in the club all the while my molars ground together.

"Get that murderous look off your face, we knew this was coming." Bear snapped his fingers, despite his unwavering words I could see the worry lingering in his eyes.

When he called me for an urgent meeting, entering his office I reared back for a moment at the downright solemn look on Keys face. I had expected them to tell me we had lost a brother, anything other than what the reality was.

"Doesn't make it any easier." I knew Bianca was a dirty, conniving bitch but this was low, even for her. I glared at the Tv flicking images at us on mute.

"She's just making an empty power move."
Keys muttered in attempt to lighten to blow.

"But this isn't a move on me." I fumed, everything in me burned up watching Bianca shakes hands with Amara's grinning father while a woman, who I assumed was Amara's mother, in a large crocheted cardigan with all the colors of the rainbow in it and was tattered at the end and deep brown skin frowned in the background in front of a massive art museum.

This was a direct attack on Amara, a warning that Bianca was trying to push to stay away. I bristled as Keys typed rapidly on his keyboard.
"I can call Augustine, find out what he knows." Keys offers after a bear of silence and I ground my molars, narrowing my eyes.

"How do you have his number?" Keys face turns bright red before I even finish the question as I cross my arms.

"I got it off the Ip address he used to track Amara's credit card. For what it's worth I think he has nothing to do with any of this." I nod, soaking in the information with only half heart as I fail to tear my gaze fully away from the news article of Bianca investing in on Amara's parents business despite her husbands sudden turmoil with the feds.

"I need to tell Amara, before she finds out on her own and well before Bianca does whatever it is she has planned." I growl, not liking this one bit. If she could sink her claws into her parents I didn't doubt Bianca's ability to drag all of Amara's skeletons out of the closet.

Bianca's favorite form of torture was dangling someone's traumas in their face and watching it destroy them all over again.
"She more than likely found out about her when she bailed you out." I squeezed my eyes shut against Bears words. Wanting to refute any correlation my bullshit had in bringing Amara into my shit. But I had, and she claimed me, bullshit and all. Now it was my job to protect her now that it's hit the fan.

I won't let her suffer again.

"I need to go to Baltimore." I mutter, rubbing a hand over my stubble jaw. "Then I'll round off to Georgia, meet her there and make sure she bites the bullet." Once and for all. This needed to end, now she had dragged my woman into it, I would make it quick.

Now I had something to get back to, mentally, physically and emotionally. It was time to relinquish myself the responsibility of carrying the burden of an abusive, toxic, sociopath for a mother.

"Riding to Baltimore alone is thirty seven hours and that's without stops. The ride from there to New Hampshire is eight more, you're gonna be dead on your feet." Bear squints at me, seeming unhappy with my plan. But I shrug, there was nothing and no one what was going to stop me now.

"I'll extend business two weeks, make sure I'm not sloppy and make it home in one piece." I assure him, watching the way the vein in his forehead begins to protrude.

"I guess you'll need the keys to the artillery." I nod, firm and singular.

"The McMillan CS5 and two Glock eighteens should be more than enough." I don't want to get hemmed up with an entire gunnery. Bear nods.

"Done, who your riders?" He rasps his knuckles on his desk. And I cross my arms leaning into the chair,
"Razor." I answer immediately, knowing he'd probably be personally offended not being invited in the torture of my woman's tormentor.

Running a hand through my hair I sigh, seriously considering my options.
Coyote was a dick but the mother fucker was loyal and lethal. I needed both as of now.
"Coyote and that quiet prospect." I jerked my chin, waiting for Bear to supply a name. I had only met the kid twice and each time he was eerily quiet and light on his feet.

"Ahh, another one found by Bambi." Bear chuckles to himself. "His names, Aphonic." I quirk an eyebrow, Bambi had met Coyote one day when I was on the road, the story is still unclear to me how he managed to stumble upon the wife of the largest MC in Nevada's president and get her referral for a patch. which is why my skepticism stayed so long, but the man had proven himself time and time again, his most latest stunt was backing Razor in a street brawl.

"Aphonic?" I echo and Bear nods, something sparking in his eyes.

"Means 'unable to speak'. When Bam ran into some trouble with the man who used to run Bayous school, she ran into Phons dropping his niece off. Turns out Bayou and Tiana are best friends. So he took care of an issue for my wife, I offered him place in our house." Bear explains and I'm starting to understand why Bear was so quick to trust him.

That piece of shit used to make Bambi cry any time we were off on a ride while she had to drop Bayou off at pre school, one day when Bear burned a hole through the earth to get back home and got all types of traffic citations Bambi stopped telling us how drop offs were going and long before that had begged us to leave the poor bastard alone. Then one day it all just stopped, she didn't come home upset anymore and Bayou thrived if possible, even more in school, I guess I knew why now.

"I suggest you go spend some time with that woman off yours. We'll work out the rest tomorrow morning." I'm dismissed with a wave of his massive hand and I don't need to be told twice, high tailing it down the hill.

Speeding towards my future.