36

It was astonishing to Amara, how much a little persons sudden presence could entice such joy from some of the most stoic people she had met.

It was like watching flowers bloom on top of a cactus. Beautiful guarded by jagged spikes.

She could practically feel the warmth from Bullets bright smile, his eyes twinkling and she wasn't entirely sure he was breathing.

But his hand was still gripping hers.

"How's lady pres?" Razor had asked, the smile still smeared across his face.

Bear chuckled, deep and heavy. His own eyes still bleary from tears shed with his old lady as she gave birth to his daughter.
"Fucking amazing." Amara smiled at the news, everyone around her seeming to let go of a held breath simultaneously. And as if just remembering, Bears obsidian eyes landed on her, then her hand laced with Bullets before settling on Bullet entirely.

A silent beat of something passed between the two men and Amara stood, fighting the urge to yank her hand from Bullets as everyone seemed to take note of their close proximity. She could feel Marisol staring into the side of her face.

"As great as my old lady is, she needs some rest. You all can go home for now." The waiting room emptied out in a much more controlled fashion than when they had arrived off the mere orders of their president. Despite the loud murmur of congratulations and praise being tossed over shoulder on the way out.

Bullet remained, his feet feeling cemented to the floor as his body reeled in the news. His niece had been born and his sister was okay.

His eyes clashed with Bears and he could see the heavy, looming stress that lingered over Bambis health was drifting now, like passing storm clouds.

Her pregnancy was high risk after what happened to her, through each trimester with Bayou Bear prayed over both his lady and baby while they slept at night. There was nothing different about this pregnancy.

Despite all odds, Bambi had yet again bared down and her strengthen shined like flying directly into the burning sun.

"She's askin for y'all." Bullet nodded, as Amara tried not to portray as stunned as she felt on her face. She hadn't expect to be here let alone for Bambi to be asking for her.

"Go on, I'm right behind you." Bullet pushed their entwined hands together first before Amara followed, nodding quietly as she moved toward the hall of rooms.

"Room 246." Bears voice rolled like heavy thunder as Amara past him towards the hall, nodding she couldn't help but smile in genuine happiness for her boss and her husband.

"Congratulations Bear, haven't been around long but I know that kids got a lot of love coming from you." She spoke sincerely, slipping her hands into the pockets of her sweats. Eyes widened slightly as a large, wide grin stretched across his face. It looked almost out of place on his rugged face.

"That she does, thank you Amara."

The maternity ward smelled more like lavender than antibacterial sprays, it was much warmer than most parts of the hospital. The lavender smell wasn't hard to tack up to Bambi, there was a large purple wax holding that was clicked on, on the table beside the bed and a large knitted blanket draped over her legs.

"Amara!" Bambis voice was rasped and low, her body sagged into the bed as she waved lazily. She looked exhausted but there was a smile gracing her face.
Amara moved beside the bed, grabbing Bambis outstretched hand, the other still lingering in her pocket.
"Hey, how are you?" She kept tone low, taking note of the bundle of pastel purple occupying the small bassinet, Bambis other hand resting inside.

"I'm good, I don't think I'll be at the gallery for a few weeks though." Bambi winced, partly feeling bad Amara would be out of work on such short notice and partly because she had just given birth.

"Don't worry about it, just get some rest." Amara urged as she realized how much harder it was getting for Bambi to keep her eyes open. Chuckling softly as Bambi yawned loudly, releasing Amaras hand to wave off the suggestion tiredly.

"You sound like Bear, it's good my brother has you. Need someone to keep him on track." Bambi giggled to herself, shaking her head, missing the shock on Amaras face.

"D-Did you have an epidural?" Bambi only giggled harder at the question, shaking her head as the door clicked open.

"Hey Bam." It was never easy seeing his sister in the hospital, no matter the occasion his mind couldn't help back to drift to the day they had to pump her stomach.

"Bout time." Bambi moved to sit up, Bear coming to help his hands cupping under her arms and he slid her body upright onto the pillows, then moved to gently pick his daughter from the bassinet.

Just like her brother, she was small enough to fit in her fathers hand. The very brother snoring away on the couch in his Dino pajamas he demanded he be able to wear to show his sister.

"Bullet, Amara, meet Honey Dream Colin." Bambi held out the bundle of baby to her brother just as she had with her son, watching the quiet, soft smile adorn his face as he clutched his niece to his chest, swaying slowly.

Now he dipped ever so slightly, allowing Amara a peek at wisp of curly dark brown hair, tiny fingers gripping themselves as the rest against feather soft skin of fluffy cheeks and Angel hair eyelashes, peeping barely open to show a slither of honey colored eyes.

"She's gorgeous." Hunter whispered, his heart swelling as his niece cooed lowly, a sound echoing in the back of her throat as she smiled to herself, rows of pink gum's glistening with drool.

"She's got your eyes." Amara complimented, finding herself in awe of the little person she was meeting. She was completely entranced by the angelic features of the baby, so much so it was impossible for her to notice to awestruck look on Bullets face as he looked at Amara.

Bear sighed, leaning down softly as he lowered his massive body onto the small hospital bed to his wife.
"When do you think they'll realize?" His voice sent a rumble of shivers down her spine as his words caressed her ears.

"Hush sweetheart, you must let these things happen naturally." Bambi grinned, leaning into Bears side as he wrapped his arm around her.