CHAPTER: 16

Panchaali's POV:

I opened my eyes open only to be greeted by darkness. My vision was blurred and so were my memories.

Where was I?

My head remained blank for a few minutes before the event of the last few hours made themselves clear in my head. 

Someone had attacked the camp at night and Drugged them in their sleep!

Oh lord.

Panic surged through me as I struggled to get up from the cold ground.
My hands felt numb.
Standing on wobbly feet, I looked around more clearly this time.

It seemed as if I was locked in a dark room. Not the even slightest beam of light made itslef known in the room.
My knees suddenly gave up as another wave of nausea hit me. 

Shite. What now? 

What about the others?

The Pandavas? Subhadra? Oh no. They all must be imprisoned as well. Shite. Shite. Shite. 

Okay. Calm down Panchaali, I consoled myself, though deep down I could feel my anxiety flaring. 

Surely no drug would be strong hold back her five friends.

They were considered the best of warriors but then again, she doubted that they'd ever been knocked out by a jungle tribe. 

Such tribes were known for their black magic.

Before she could think any further, the metal door slammed open and a woman marched inside. 

The look in her eyes made Panchaali shiver. It held cruelty. 

Dressed in all black the woman stood there staring at her for a bit then reached out to caress her cheeks.

Panchaali shudder away from her cold touch. Her eyes fell on the markings adorning the woman's arm.

No. 

Her eyes widened in terror.

"The Kumaon Tribes"  A Tribe which consisted only of women. They were cursed by lord Brahma that their clan will conceive only girls and were infamous in whole of Aryavartha for their horrific traditions. One month every year they go on a search for potent men to continue their linage. They would kidnap them, get their members married to them then force the male to mate with the female and ultimately kill the man. This vicious cycle had been continued since the last many years but royals were rarely targeted. Then why them?

My heart squeezed with fear not for me but for the Pandavas. Her friends. They were males...what would happen to them? Were they alright?
Tears threatened to roll out as a millions of scenarios flashed in front of my eyes but I held them back. Like hell was I going to cry in front of an enemy.