16

INT. FOYER – NIGHT

Gwi walks quickly through palace foyer, stops his steward.

GWI
I need three men ready in 5 minutes for a hunt.

STEWARD
Yes, sire.

Steward calls two young men and one experienced servant to prepare themselves in a hurry. Gwi waits by the door. Everyone covered in dark outer clothing. The four leave for the woods.

EXT. WOODS

Walking stealthily through woods, they see in the distance a man on the road who seems to be standing, waiting.

GWI
Let's hope this one is meeting a nefarious friend so we can get two in one and finish for the night.

Gwi quickly sneaks up on the man and takes him down by biting him. His servants carry the body behind a tree and crouch down while Gwi waits. After a minute a girl of about 8 comes out of the woods toward the road.

GIRL
(whispering, afraid)
Father? Father, where are you?

Gwi sighs deeply, drawing his hand over his face. Frustrated, troubled. Obvious that she was relieving herself. He sneaks up on her from behind so that there is almost no time for fear or pain before death. He bites her and she crumples quickly.

GWI
(to the dead girl)
There are things worse than death, especially for children.

Gwi carries her body to the servants. Even in the dark the servants see how careful he is with her, but this is something his hunters all know.

GWI
It's not two adults as I was hoping for, but it will be enough for now. You three head back to the palace. Drain the bodies and dispose of them as normal.

OLDER SERVANT
Yes, sire.

Gwi wanders off.

OLDER SERVANT
(pointing to each in turn)
You carry the girl and you take the man. When you tire, I will take him from you.

Young servant throws the girl over his shoulder a bit carelessly.

OLDER SERVANT
(scolds in undertones)
Be careful! You ought to know better by now. You yourself will die if Master sees that kind of careless, offhand behaviour. We respect the dead, even the evil dead, and she certainly wasn't that.

Young servant holds girl with more care.

OLDER SERVANT
Let's go.