20

EXT. CLIFF EDGE BY THE SEA – DAY

Gwi looks up at the sun and shades his eyes. It's not hurting him. He looks around. He's standing on a cliff facing the sea. He's dressed in lighter colours than normal, but his style is the same. HR stands at the edge of the cliff, looking to the sea. He walks towards her and calls her name. HR turns around and smiles, beckoning him to come.

Gwi gets closer to HR and says something. He can't hear what he says but she does. She's hurt. As if he has kicked her, she stumbles a little. He says something else he can't hear again, with her responding in the same way, as if she's been kicked or pushed, but more intense each time. This happens another 2-3 times until she is hanging off the cliff.

She reaches for him, not to be saved but somehow for his own sake.

HYE-RYUNG
Gwi, if you'll only hold my hand.

He crouches down and says something else. The rock she is clinging to breaks away and she falls. As he watches her, the ground he is crouching on begins to crumble away. He starts to fall.

INT. GWI'S ROOM/CORRIDORS – NIGHT

Gwi jerks awake, sweating. He sits up and runs his hands through his hair, tries to shake off his dream. Eventually he gets up. He walks around the palace in the dark, passing by HR's room multiple times.