Part 2

Rogue knew Eggman was up to something so, while his eyes were off her, she pulled a rocket launcher out of her breasts and shot a rocket at the fortress.
Eggman felt the impact of the rocket in seconds.

"No fair!" He complained, "I'm supposed to double cross you, not the other way around!"

Eggman took a deep breath, calming down.

"No matter," He said, "I'll just triple cross her!"

And he shot a newly developed missile at Rogue, one that locked onto her and wouldn't stop chasing her until it blew her up.

"This is exhausting," Said Rogue as she flew, trying in vain to shake the bullet, "Are we really gonna die here, little one?" She felt her stomach and closed her eyes.

That's when a blinding light shined on her eyelids. She opened them and looked straight ahead.

"Shadow! Blaze!" She said excitedly.

Blaze made a forcefield of fire around the bullet and it blew up, leaving the tired bat unharmed. Shadow caught Rogue before she could faint and flew right in front of Eggman.

"Did you miss me, Doctor?" He asked.

"Ah, you're finally here!" Smiled Eggman.

"I'll take that as a yes," Said Shadow, "Also, you will not be conquering Möbius while I live. CHAOS BLAST!"

The Flying Fortress blew up, but Eggman and Metal were able to escape in the Eggmobile. Shadow flew up to Angel Island to drop Rogue off while Blaze flew in a different direction.

"It feels so good to have my best boy back!" Thought Rogue as she started to regain consciousness. Shadow put her in bed and flew off.

Back at Vanilla's house, everyone but Sonic and Silver were asleep. Sonic was staring out the window and Silver was sat on the bed crying.

Then, two stars crossed the sky in different directions. Both hedgehogs ran outside and chose a star to follow. Sonic followed the golden star while Silver followed the red star.

Sonic ran til the sunrise while Silver ran til 9AM. Neither stopped running until they reached the one they love.

Blaze landed just in front of the entrance to Mobotropolis, while Shadow landed outside Sonic's house. Silver was exhausted, while Sonic was just angry.

"Hello, Sonic." Said Shadow.

"Hi, Silver." Said Blaze.

"Well?" Said Sonic and Silver, catching Shadow and Blaze off guard. "What took you so long?! I was worried!"

"I wondered if you were ever gonna come back!" Said Silver, his voice breaking.

"I thought that you would never come back!" Said Sonic, his voice trembled.

"You scared me!" They both said, Sonic on the edge of tears while Silver was already in them, "To think that you were gone for good! All week I waited for you to come, but you never did!"

"I didn't know where you were!" Said Sonic.

"I couldn't stand not knowing where you were!" Said Silver. "I told myself to give up hoping!"

"I was convinced that you started hating me again!" Admitted Sonic.

"I thought you were gone forever!" They both said, "But then I realised that you would never abandon me, and I decided to wait for you, even if it took the rest of my life, just to see your beautiful face again! And now, you're here."

Sonic tried to fight off his tears while Silver let his own fall. A second after sinking to his knees, though, Sonic released his tears.

"I'm so happy that you came back, Shadow, it's such a wonderful feeling!" Cried Sonic.

"I don't think I've ever been as happy as I am right now!" Cried Silver.

"I know you love me," They both said,

"But don't ever leave me again, Princess Blaze the Cat!" Babbled Silver.

"So promise me that you'll always defend me when I can't defend myself, Shadow the hedgehog!" Sobbed Sonic.

While Blaze pulled out a snowdrop and showed it to Silver, Shadow pulled out a blue rose and showed it to Sonic.

"Don't worry, Silver," Said Blaze kindly, "I never will."

"I give my word that I will always come in time to rescue you, Sonic." Promised Shadow bravely.

Silver got up for a second, only to fall into Blaze and cry even harder. While Sonic stood up and gave Shadow a gentler hug, but he burrowed his head into Shadow's shoulder to continue crying.

Final story END!

(A/N This is the good ending that I mentioned in my 06 retold book. As I said, there is no bad ending, just one good and one slightly better. Personally, I think the cannon ending is better than this one, but I'll let you decide which one is better)