Chapter Five- Withdrawal Remedies

~Rose’s POV~

I got woken up from Jeff quickly getting out of bed and running to the bathroom, you could immediately hear him vomit. With a frown I got up and knocked on the door.“Hardy? Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah sorry for waking you up.” He said.

I opened the door and saw him hanging over the toilet. I grabbed a washcloth from the drawer to the left of the sink and ran it under cold water.“Here” I said as I pulled his hair back and pressed the washcloth against his forehead, I felt him relax instantly.

“Thank you Bella.” He said as he held the washcloth in place, while I grabbed onto his arm and helped him back into bed.

“I will be right back.” I said as I headed for the door.

I walked down into the kitchen and grabbed some saltine crackers then headed back up stairs. When I entered my room, Jeff was shivering and sweating, a common symptom of withdrawals. I handed him the crackers then climbed in bed and cuddled up next to him.

“Are you sure you want to do that? I am awfully sweaty.” He said with a small chuckle.

“I don’t care… Now eat your crackers!” I said smiling at him.

“Yes ma’am!” He said before shoving a cracker in his mouth.

“How are your body aches?”I asked.

“On a scale of one to ten I would say about an eleven.”He said with a wince.

I got up and walked into the bathroom and got him an Advil and some water. When I came back this time the covers were off and he was scratching all over. “Stop it!” I said handing him the Advil and a glass of water which he took instantly and put the glass on the nightstand.

“But it itches so badly!” he said itching again.

“It’s the withdrawals.” I explained swatting at his hand.

“I know but still.” He continues to itch.

I grabbed his hands and held them in mine. “All you are going to accomplish is a lot of scabs.”

“Fine.” He said in defeat with a pout which looked adorable.

I flicked his nose. “I win!”

“You’re lucky I like you and am not a hundred percent or I would show you who won.” He said smiling.

I know he meant he liked me in a friendly way but it still gave me butterflies when he said it. “Showing me myself is kind of useless don’t you think?” I asked with a shrug.

“Getting a little cocky aren’t we?” He asked with raised eyebrows.

“You know it!” I said with a wink.

I got up and made my way to my movies and began looking through them and settled on Mr. Deeds. “What are we going to watch?” he asked.

“Mr. Deeds!” I said with a smile.

“Never seen it.” He said shrugging.

I looked at him with my mouth hanging open. “How have you not?”

“Well being on the road all the time doesn’t give me a lot of time to go see movies.” He explained.

“Ahh gotcha!” I returned to the bed after starting the movie and again cuddled up to him.

“How are you feeling now?” I looked up at him.

“A lot better actually. Thank you.” He said as he wound his arm around my shoulders.