Chapter Ten- Love?

~Rose’s POV~

If you asked me a month ago if I believed someone could be truly happy I would have laughed in your face not with humor either, it would probably be filled with disgust. If you asked me now if I believed someone could be truly happy I would whole heartedly said yes. If you asked what made me even the slightest bit happy a month ago I would have said Moose and sunsets. Of course I will say Moose now, but my list would have lengthened drastically. It’s not even one event that makes me happy. It’s a series of events shared with one person.

By now I was thoroughly convinced that THE Jeff Hardy was my other half. It’s not even the way we fit perfectly together when he hugs me, or when I am around him I feel like a stampede is going through my whole body, or even the fact that whenever we make contact my body tingles with pure ecstasy. It’s the way that when I am around Jeff he makes me completely forget about Tyler. I see things now that I never noticed before. Everything used to be so dull, but when I look at things now I can see beauty in just about everything. Granted compared to Jeff everything was pretty dull.

I haven’t smiled in years yet I find myself smiling at the smallest of things he does like something as small as him laughing. That sound is like music to my ears. My cheek muscles have actually started to hurt from smiling so much. I am not one for clichés, but I feel like my life is a fairy tale. Everything is so surreal I am afraid it will all fall apart in an instant and the thought of that makes me physically ache. 

I have been wide awake for about an hour now just lying in Jeff’s arms with a smile that seemed to now be etched onto my face. Just then my phone went off and ‘Mamma Bear’ flashed across my screen.

Can I come over today? I would like to speak with you. It’s nothing bad either so don’t worry :)

As much as I would love to say no and just spend the day with Jeff she was my mother and I loved her.

Sure. Around noon? That should leave me enough time to get ready.

Sounds good.

“What’s with all the beeping?” Jeff asked with and groan while pulling a pillow over his head.

“Sorry.” I said with a sheepish smile. “My mom decided to text me to pre-warn me that she is coming over today. She said she wants to talk.”

“Okay would that be okay if I went to spend some time with my Dad then?” He asked sporting the sheepish smile I wore a second ago.

“You don’t have to ask me to leave.” I said with a laugh. “I am not your warden.”

“I just didn’t want to leave you alone if you weren’t okay with it.” He replied with his warm green eyes looking into mine.

“I’ll be okay. Thank you for worrying though.” I said as I leaned to kiss him on the forehead which seemed to be our thing now.

“I always worry about you.” He said grabbing my hand which unleashed the stampede.

“Thank you, but you don’t have to.” I said while getting up to go get ready.

When I closed the bathroom door I could have sworn he head ‘Yes I do.’ but I am sure it was just my imagination running wild.

I showered and got dressed then exited the bathroom to see Jeff was already in different clothes and was putting his hair up. He was wearing a tight fitting black t-shirt, some dark wash jeans, and black boots… after basically eye-raping him which I hope he didn’t notice I began to making the bed. However it seems to be Moose’s favorite way to annoy me by jumping up on the bed and not moving. Me against a hundred sixty pound dog? Yeah right. As usual I gave up with a pout.