Chapter Seven- Pleasant Memories

~Rose's POV~

I woke up pretty excited today, I was eager to show Jeff a happy memory of my childhood like he did for me. My memory was a waterfall with a cavern me and my Dad used to go to. I looked up at Jeff who was still sleeping and I poked him in the ribs.

"What was that for?" He asked groggily.

"I am getting impatient! Go get ready." I said as I pushed him off the bed. He landed with a thump and a ggroan. I peered over the edge of the bed and he was lying on his back rubbing his eyes.

"You suck you know that? I was having the best dream ever." He said with a pout.

"Too bad." I got off the bed and stepped over him. I then grabbed a tote bag and filled it with spare clothes and supplies for Moose. Grabbing my black bikini I had yet to wear, jean shorts, and a tank top, I headed to the bathroom and noticed Jeff was still on the floor.

"GET UP!" I yelled at him which caused him to jump.

"I was trying to get back that awesome dream you so rudely ripped away from me." He said as he got up and started to collect his things.

"Why don't you cry about it?" I asked as I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Maybe I will." He wiped at his eye.

I closed the bathroom door and got dressed also brushed my teeth. When I opened the door Jeff stood there with his clothes in his hands.

"Took you long enough." He said as he pushed pasted me with a smile on his face. "Are you going to get out? Or would you rather stay in here and watch me change?" He asked with an even wider smile on his face.

"I am leaving!" I exited the bathroom with my cheeks flaring red... That was embarrassing...

I headed down stairs and Moose followed. I grabbed some food, drinks, and even a little blanket, and then headed out to put it all in the car. Moose was so excited when I opened the door he pushed past me and lounged in the back seat. I chucked and packed everything in the trunk.

"Are you ready?" Jeff asked from behind me while carrying my tote bag I had forgotten upstairs. I grabbed it and the keys that where in his hand. I placed the tote bag in the trunk and closed it. Jeff had already sat down in the passenger's side and I got behind the wheel then drove off.

"You know how to drive?" He asked looking surprised.

"I took private lessons." I shrugged.

"Just don't hurt my baby please?" He asked while running his hand over the dashboard.

"I will try my best." I said with a chuckle.

"You better try your best." He said smiling at me.

The rest of the car ride we fell into easy small talk. After a half hour drive I pulled onto a dirt road you would only see if you knew it was there and I almost gave Jeff a heart attack, he thought I was driving off into the trees.

"While my Dad and I were driving one day when I was young we found this place. It's really the only happy memory I have from my childhood." I explained.

I parked at the end of the road and got out. Moose jumped out as soon as Jeff opened the door, he didn't even give Jeff time to get out of the car. I opened the trunk and grabbed a bag and Jeff grabbed the other.

I held Jeff's free hand and led him to the waterfall. Once we stepped into the clearing he gasped. No one would think you could find a place like this is North Carolina, it was almost tropical. There was a light blue pool of water that you could see clearly through and there was a stone arch leading into a cave that had water cascading from a hole in the ceiling of the cave.