Chapter Sixteen Part Two- Surprise

~Jeff’s POV~

I stayed a night at the ranch and let me tell you it felt awfully lonely without Rose next to me. Last night I told Amy about the new change in plans and asked her to watch Rose which thankfully she did, I just hoped Rose didn’t have any nightmares.

Last night after Shannon left I went to the nearest convenience store with both the dogs. I left them in the car while I purchased a pink studded collar, I lighter pink thick silk ribbon with wire in it, and I also bought dog shampoo and conditioner.

After I returned to the house and took Fluffy into one of the standup showers and washed her with the hand held shower attachment. Surprisingly she didn’t mind and actually seemed to enjoy it, from her lack of baths in her early years I assumed she would have been scared, but maybe it was just the opposite? When I finished I towel dried her then used a blow drier before I brushed both her and Moose. The horses were already asleep so I didn’t need to do anything with them so I just put Fluffy’s collar on before falling asleep. Like I said… A night Rose-less was pretty lonely.

When I woke up I showered and got changed before people started arriving for Rose’s surprise party. As I expected Amy was the first to arrive and she came with a bunch of food. I gave her directions on where to put things, to not forget to put a bow on Fluffy using the ribbon I bought last night, and to text me when everyone arrived so I could start heading here with Rose.

I left and started heading towards Matt’s house to pick Rose up. An hour later I got the text telling me that everyone was there, everyone being Matt, Amy, Kimo, Johnny, Shannon, Julie, Maria, Frank, and my father. I pulled into Matt’s driveway and exited the car, a few seconds after Rose ran out of the house looking beautiful as ever in a long sleeve charcoal grey sweater, skinny jeans, and brown boots. She ran out of the house and did her little Koala hug thing where she basically jumps on me and clings to me, this is why I called her my koala bear.

“I missed you.” She said in the crook of my neck before placing a kiss there.

“I missed you too.” I said while kissing the top of her head. “Turn around and don’t move.” I instructed and she complied skeptically, I pulled the bandana out of my back pocket before tying it over her eyes.

“Uh Jeff what are you doing?” She asked while scrunching up her nose.

“It’s a surprised” I whispered in her ear before surprising her with a kiss. When I pulled back she frowned. “What?” I asked concerned.

“Well one I hate surprises, two I do not like being blind, and third I wasn’t finished with you.” She complained while I ushered her into the passenger’s seat. When I buckled her in I did ever so slowly and I kissed her again. “Better?” I asked.

“Very much so.” She said with a satisfied smile.

~*~

Only five minutes into the drive she started with the ‘are we there yet’ thing that everyone has done at least once. Eventually I turned up the music so I couldn’t hear her and she pouted. I sang along with the song that was playing before tuning it down when I pulled into our new drive way.

“Are we here?” she asked excitedly, instantly perking up.

“Indeed we are.” I confirmed and I reached over to stop her hands from ripping of the blind fold because I knew she was going to.

“How did you know I was going to do that?” She asked dumbfounded.

“Because I know you little Koala bear.” I said before kissing her cheek and getting out of the car so I could help her out of the car.