Chapter Fifteen- Intruder

~Rose’s POV~

It has been three days since Jeff and I started ‘dating’. The word dating doesn’t seem to do our relationship status justice though. He is like my life support… now that I have him I am never going to let him go. Or so I thought… You see it is July fifth; the anniversary of my kidnapping and five days shy of my birthday.

One would think I was on cloud nine right? Wrong. This little folded paper on my counter left me breathless and basically knocked my feet out from under me. I literally collapsed on the floor and curled into a little ball.  I only considered the possibility of letting him go even though it would kill me, all because of the contents of this note. The note read as following:

My dearest Rosie,

                Rosie it has been four years since I lost you and it still kills me every day, but do you know what hurts worse? To find out that my Rosie, the woman I have been thinking about while in jail for all these years was seen with another man.  For your sake I hope you don’t grow attached to this boy because before you know it he will be ripped out of your life by the hands of me. Now you are probably thinking ‘Oh how could he when he is in jail’ well I have an explanation, not that you deserve it you whore. My lawyer has found a loop hole and I am expected to be released within the month of October.

I have a present coming for you on the tenth. I am sorry I can’t be there to give it to you myself, just know one thing… if you actually love this man not only he will die… You will too… By your birthday I should have a verdict from one of my most trusted advisors and that will decide how your birthday goes. If I cannot have you… no one can.

Love,

Tyler

I came to the conclusion that I had to pick one of two choices… One I can get Jeff to leave so he won’t be hurt… Or we could move and I could get security people. I am leaning more towards the second choice. Plus, I have always wanted to buy a ranch… and there are a lot out in Cameron, I am sure Jeff would love to be closer to his family.

Once I calmed myself down enough I slid my phone out of my pocket and dialed Jeff’s number even though Amy was on her way here. I guess Jeff was serious when he said he wanted to get back in shape, every day he has been going to Matt’s to train, I was getting pretty excited.

“Rose what’s wrong?” Jeff asked immediately.

“Can you please come back?” I had meant to sound cool and collected but I sounded absent and weak.

“I’ll be there soon.” After he said that I could hear his tires screech from him making a U-turn.

“Thank you.” I said quietly before ending the call. I sat on the floor against one of the counters with my knees drawn close to my chest, my forehead rested on my knees and my hands balled into fists in my hair. I swear to god I was going insane.

It took about fifteen minutes until I heard Amy walk through the door and I had yet to even move. Somewhere in those fifteen minutes the shock wore off and I started to sob. I heard her drop her keys and purse before crouching down to give me a hug. This is one thing I liked about Amy… She didn’t pressure me to tell her anything, which is why I told her everything. She lets me take my time, knowing that if it is important she will find out sooner or later.

I handed her the folded paper in my hand; she grabbed it and pulled back from the hug so she could read it. I played with my hands while I heard her unfolding the note. When I heard her gasp my eyes flitted over to her where she sat with on hand over her mouth and the note in the other. Amy dropped the note and pulled me into another hug.