Chapter Sixteen Part One- New Addition

[A/N] :  the picture on the right is of 'Fluffy'

~Jeff’s POV~

The day after Rose found Tyler’s letter I made her promise to let me take care of buying because I wanted it to be a surprise for her, also she didn’t need any more stress than she has already. Little did she know the end of that day the owners of the ranch accepted my offer. I only had one condition and they happily obliged because they also had one condition. My condition was that the move needs to be settled within two days; their condition was that we keep the three horses they have there. I was actually more than satisfied with this condition because whats a ranch without horses right?

By the next day I had the movers clear out Rose’s old house and Matt, Kimo, Johnny, Shannon, Yuk and I all unpacked everything in the new house. The house was a lot better than I imagined, it was HUGE! It was all white with deep blue shutters. It had a wraparound porch and also a wraparound balcony which was awesome.

The master bedroom had an attached bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. They also one of those awesome stand up showers that have more than one shower head, some were embedded in the wall while others were embedded in the ceiling. Best of all, the tile in the bathroom was heated. The other two bathrooms were pretty much the same, minus the awesome shower.

The kitchen was decorated with cherry wood cabinets, dark garnet counters, and stainless steel appliances. It even had an island in the middle of the kitchen. The walls were a coco brown and the tile was dark grey.

I painted the bedroom almost the exact same shade as her old one and arranged the furniture basically the same. It’s nice to have something familiar when going through a big change like this. The other guys went throughout the house and unpacked all the furniture… if I didn’t know any better I would think they watch HGTV or TLC in their spare time because it actually looked really good.

The day before we were to officially move in I made my way to the nearest shelter and looked for a dog that would suit Rose… If you remember a while ago she teased me asking if I would buy her a puppy… little did she know I thought it was a great idea an actually planned on getting her one.

I strolled down the aisle; they had dogs on both sides. Girls on the left boys on the right, they were even organized by size. The bigger dogs were near the back so I made my way there until I spotted the perfect dog; she was a Tibetan Mastiff mix. She was the same size as Moose so I knew she could hold her own when they tested each other out to arrange their hierarchy.

“Would you like some help?” A blond girl asked me while raking her eyes up and down my body… it made me feel gross.

“Uh yeah I would actually,” I said before pointing to the dog. “I would like to adopt this big girl.” I said giving her a polite smile.

She took a step forward and placed a hand on my arm. “Are you sure that’s all I can help you with?” She asked trying to sound seductive when really it was repulsing.

I pushed her hand off me. “I have a girlfriend.” I said as I waited for her to get the dog.

My warning didn’t seem to faze her though because she pushed me up against the fence. “So? What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.” She said with a sly smile. I pushed her off me by her shoulders before walking away to find someone else to help me, I approached a more timid girl with black hair and I noticed she wore a Hardy Boys necklace.

“Nice necklace.” I commented to the girl who was intently filling out some charts.

“Thank you, it’s the Hardy Boys symbol.” She said without looking up at me but she still wore a friendly smile.