Chapter Twenty-Two- Hide and Seek

[A/N]: THERE IS SEXUAL CONTENT IN THIS CHAPTER!

~Jeff’s POV~

Do you know that feeling where everything seems to be fine and perfect but when you turn back around your life flips upside down? Like a world you build for yourself is crashing down around you? How is it that in those moments when Rose was making the decision to leave I had no idea? Granted I did probably over do it with the yelling at Amy.

*Two hours ago*

I looked down at the final product of the soon to be dog box. We made it so it was in two pieces, a cut right down the middle for easier transportation. I picked up on side and Matt the other, we walked to the door and I sat mine down before opening it only to hear Amy crying.

Matt and I ran to her aid as she sat outside Rose and mines room. “I am so sorry Jeff.” She croaked before breaking down again in Matt’s arms.

Panic rose in my chest as I started to frantically look around for Rose. “What do you mean you are sorry? Where is Rose?” I asked trying to subdue my anger.

“I-I think s-she’s g-g-one.” Amy stuttered in fear.

“What do you mean she’s gone?” I asked through clenched teeth. I stood back and kicked down our door to see her things gone and the balcony open.

Amy started to recite her earlier conversation with Rose about how she couldn’t let Jeff get hurt because of her. She trailed off when it came to the part where she presented the idea.

“Well? That doesn’t answer my god damn question Amy.” My fists were clenched at my sides as I advanced on her until she was back up at the wall.

“I didn’t mean it Jeff… I didn’t…” She cried and I punched a hole in the wall next to her head in anger because she was holding back something.

“What the fuck didn’t you mean?” I growled at her. Now I would never hit a woman especially Amy because she is like a sister to me.

“I told her not to leave when she didn’t even think of it yet… So I basically planted that seed in her mind.” She said lowly while shaking with fear as Matt pulled me away from her when I started to shake with anger.

“Why the fuck would you do that?” I demanded to know.

“I said it jokingly I didn’t think she would take me seriously!” She tried to defend herself.

“Even so, why didn’t you stop her? I know damn well you could have broken that door down.” I said while pointing to what was left of the bedroom door.

“I-I-I do-ont kno-w-w” She wept.

“Jeff lay the fuck off now.” Matt warned and I took a deep breath to calm down.

“I am sorry.” I said even though at the time I really didn’t mean it.

“Its okay Jeff, I understand.” Amy said while wiping her nose with the sleeve of her sweatshirt.

“Did she say anything that could give you any idea to where she was going?” I asked hopefully.

“No…”

~Rose’s POV~

The taxi pulled up to the airport and I handed the driver my fee before walking to buy a ticket. I really had no idea of where I wanted to go… I figured it would kind of jump out at me like ‘hey Rose go here!’ but that really didn’t happen.

“What can I do for you miss?” Asked the person selling tickets.

“Can I get a first class, one way ticket to…?” I trailed of while looking at the board behind him. “What flight takes of the soonest?”