Chapter Twenty-One- Slip Of The Tongue

[A/N]: Happy fourth of July everyone! Since Jeff won his match tonight I figured I would try to upload today in between fireworks and such! Thank you so much for reading! I suceeded my goal with one minute to spare... it is seriously 11:59... I AM A BOSS! 

Comment/Vote/Fan/what ever else you need to do.

~Rose’s POV~

Jeff pulled out and started charging down the street causing our tires to squeal in the process. It started to rain as we raced down an empty road past farms and pastures until he pulled into a driveway. I put my towel over the puppies and Jeff grabbed Sammy before we ran to the front door with Moose following. I carefully balanced the box on my knee and held it with one hand while pounding on the door with the other.

“SARAH OPEN UP!” Jeff yelled and not long after lights began to turn on. A frail, middle aged woman, with dark hair up in a messy ponytail opened up the door, clutching the robe closed as she ushered us in.

She started walking and Jeff and I followed. “What has happened and what is in the box?” She asked seriously while going through the halls until she opened up a door that revealed an exam room.

Jeff laid Sammy on the table as he began to explain. “Sammy was pregnant and has given birth to seven puppies. The last one couldn’t breathe initially but I was able to clear the passages. I also checked to see if there were any more puppies and I thought I felt one.” H said quickly and clearly as she nodded while feeling around Sammy’s abdomen.

“You are right there is one still in here… We need to prep her for surgery; she needs a C-section.”  She explained while she put a mask over Sammy’s face with gases to knock her out. After, she quickly inserted a breathing tube down her throat and IV. All the while barking orders at Jeff who complied, he ended up shaving her abdomen and putting iodine on the incision area… This is when I walked out of the room, grabbing Moose along the way because he was starting to get agitated.

I sat down in the hall with Moose for a while until Jeff walked out the door and stood in front of me extending his hand. “You can come back now.” I grabbed his hand and slowly walked back into the exam room.

Sarah sat next to the box of puppies as she examined each one; she was extra careful with the one who couldn’t breathe and the puppy that had to be taken out by C-section. However, they were ALL deemed healthy. In total there were nine puppies; five boys and four girls. All of which were to be split up among our friends because we wanted Sammy and Moose to be able to see them.

“I am going to want to keep the puppies and Sammy here for tonight in case there is any complications, is that okay?” She asked while she injected some type of liquid to wake Sammy up.

“I know it is for the best but I really don’t want to leave her… Any I know for a fact that Moose won’t.” I said while wringing my hands as my anxiety started bubbling up.

“No problem dear, you two are welcome to the guest room and Moose can stay with the dogs or you guys I don’t really mind.” She said while shuffling off back to her room.

I turned to look at Moose who was nose to nose with Sammy but they were separated by the caged door of the kennel she was in. “Moose you coming?” I asked. He didn’t even look at me as he put his paw through the gate and whined.

“I guess not.” Jeff said and he wound and arm around my waist and led me to the guest room, the room had white walls and a large bed with a wood frame. I made sure the door was open before we fell asleep just in case something happened then Moose would come get us…. Or I hoped he would.

~*~

“Rise and shine lovebirds!” Was the first thing I heard after someone ripped the curtains open and the rays of sunlight assaulted my eyes. I opened my eyes and it took them a while to focus before I saw Sarah standing at the end of the bed with her hands on her hips.