Chapter Eight- Rides and Fights

~Rose POV~

Prior to the kiss last week Jeff and my friendship had gone smoothly. I was actually okay with physical contact if it was from him or if he was around. After the kiss Jeff had become cold and distant like he was in his own world. The only time he touched me was when we slept… even then when I would wake up instead of him holding me he was at the complete opposite side of the bed. He had told me to forget about it and move on… I have… He hasn’t… I don’t know why either, but what I do know is that I hate this. I had thought after a few days everything would be back to normal, but it didn’t.

I had been awake for hours trying to come up with things to say to him. What I have come up with is probably the best I am going to get. It was around nine in the morning now and I have been awake since four. I decided it was time to wake up Jeff who was at the opposite side of the bed. I scooted closer and gently shook him by the shoulder. It took a while, but he finally started to wake up.

“What’s going on? Are you okay?” he asked looking all around the room before his eyes landed on me. He immediately noticed I had been crying.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he grabbed my hand.

“You… You are wrong. You have been so distant and cold ever since YOU kissed ME. YOU said it was a mistake and to forget it and move on… I have… Why can’t you?” I asked with tears streaming down my face. He opened his arms and I sat on his lap as I rested my head on his chest. His arms surrounded me and I felt like I was home again.

“I am sorry… I thought I freaked you out and that you would need space.” He explained.

“No. That’s the exact opposite of what I need right now. THIS right now… THIS is what I need. For years I have starved of being treated like an actual human being, not some fragile object that will shatter if you say the wrong thing, or might as well completely avoid the girl who is mentally and emotionally scarred. You went out of your way to speak to me and to be my friend… That is why you are here now… This last week I felt like you treated me like everyone else does and it was terrible. I hated it.” I said as I played with his hands, not daring to look him in the eye as I was basically barring my soul to him.

“I am so sorry Bella.” He said brushing my hair back and kissing the top of my head.

“You should be you bum.” I said as I slapped him on the chest with a smile.

“Well if I’m a bum then you’re a bum too.” He said as he poked my nose.

“I don’t see your logic in this…” I said.

“It doesn’t matter because you’re a bum.” He said laughing.

“Sure let’s go with that.” I said as I went to get off his lap.

“Where do you think you’re going princess?” He asked as he wound his arms around my waist keeping me in place.

“Apparently I am going nowhere.” I said laughing.

“I wouldn’t say that.” He said smiling as he got up and carried me bridal style.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Oh nothing.” He said right before throwing me on the bed which got a scream out of me.

I landed on the bed with a thump and looked at Jeff who was standing at the end of the bed with a triumphant smile. “Moose!” I said as I pointed at Jeff to get him distracted. Moose came up behind him and started barking. Sure enough Jeff turned around and I took my chance and leaped onto his back and I wound my arms around his neck and legs tightly around his waist.