Chapter 25: Where Did You Get This?

"Put your hands in the air and drop to the floor now!!" Fortis screamed as he screeched to a stop.

"Almighty...save me," Joseph said, his eyes eclipsed with fear.

"Move and I will attack!!" Fortis said, his hands enveloped in a fiery red glow as he held them up, pointed at Joseph.

"Fortis!" Keviar yelled as he came running up behind him and Chisai.

"Kev?" Chisai asked, confused.

"Prince Keviar, get out of here now!!" Fortis screamed.

"I won't!" Keviar yelled, screeching to a stop. "Don't attack him!"

"Don't move!" Fortis yelled, his eyes still locked on Joseph with his hands in the air.

"Kev!!" Joseph yelled, fear and panic woven through his voice.

"Fortis, please!" Keviar yelled.

"Chisai, take the Prince back inside the palace now!" Fortis yelled.

"Kev!!" Kameron yelled as she and the others from the table came running up behind him from the entrance of the garden.

"Keviar!" Dante yelled. "Get out of there, now!!!!!!"

"Fortis, please!" Keviar screamed.

"Joseph, it's gonna be okay!" Keviar screamed at him. The tension continued to build as sweat poured down his face, still tired from all of the running.

"Kev, get outta there man!!!" Ekon yelled.

"Chisai!" Fortis yelled as he stood frozen next to his father. "Secure the Prince and get his majesty back inside!"

"I..." Chisai shuttered, his body frozen with fear.

"Kuzo, I don't think we're getting outta this one," Joseph said looking down at Kuzo who stood frozen, hiding his face with his tail.

"I said don't move!!" Fortis yelled as Joseph looked down, his hands still in the air.

"It's all over..." Joseph said to himself, a familiar sensation returning in his palms.

"Get on the ground now!!" Fortis screamed.

"Keviar, get over here now!" Dante yelled as he moved closer to him.

"Kev, please, go back with your family," Chisai said, walking up to him shamefully.

"You too?" Kev asked, looking over at him.

"He hasn't done anything!" Keviar yelled as he pushed his way past Chisai.

"Kev, no!" Dante screamed.

"Your majesty, please stay back!" A guard yelled as he stopped in front of Dante.

Keviar easily zipped past Chisai and Fortis, making his stand in between Fortis and Joseph, whose hands now glowed red.

"Kev, are you crazy?!" Kameron yelled.

Rafael stood in silence as he watched everything unfold, his eyes falling on the tombstone Joseph stood by.

"Fortis, please, don't attack, we don't need to do anything rash," Keviar said, trying to de-escalate things.

"Prince Keviar, get out of the way!!" Fortis yelled.

"No, not now!" Joseph yelped, as the heat in his hands grew. The brilliant orange now illuminating the sky backed him as his hands sizzled. Heat poured out of them in waves as his heart pounded in his chest. Panic and fear consumed him once again as he dreaded what followed.