Chapter 6: I'll Find Out Myself

"Put him down carefully, okay," Kameron said, as Rafael laid Keviar's nearly lifeless body on the silk-laden king-sized bed in his room.

"I got it," he replied, placing his head on the pillow. His breathing was steady but his eyes remained closed, and his body remained limber.

"I've never seen him like that," Rafael said, pulling the covers over him and stretching out his legs.

"Me either," Kameron replied, looking down at him. She wiped the tear-stained streams from her face as she turned around and looked out at the balcony where he was always staring out at the sky.

"Kam, don't do that," Rafael said, looking up at her as she moved towards the balcony.

"Do what?" She asked, whipping around to look at him.

"You know what I mean," he said.

"I'm not..." she started to say, as Rafael glared at her.

"Well what else can I do?" she asked, branching against the thick marble stone railing.

"It' just..." she started to say.

"I know," he said.

"No you don't!" she yelped. "Sorry."

"You don't know what it's like to be useless all the time," she said brokenly, looking up at the moon again.

"What it's like...constantly slapped in the face that I can't do anything useful," she continued.

"Come on Kam, he's alright the medic said it's fine," he said, joining her on the balcony.

"I know, I know he's fine," she replied. "But seeing that, what if it was something serious?," she asked, folding her arms as she receded into her emotional bubble.

"It wasn't," he replied, trying to console her.

"And it's not just Kev," she said, looking up again. "We're supposed to feel some kind of energy from the moon right?" She asked.

"I guess so?" Raf replied unsurely.

The elegance of the moon's glow struck her brilliant blue eyes, as tears streamed down her face again. "But I don't feel anything."

"I don't either," Rafael said, looking up at it too. His green eyes shimmering in Magni's silverish glow.

"But at least you know how to use your ability," she said looking over at him.

"I can barely even move a drop of water, without feeling drained," she said looking at her open palm.

"A Water User in Kaēn with no clue how to actually use water," she chuckled, shaking her head. "And a stupid emotional princess," she said to herself.

"Don't say that. Come on Kam," Rafael said trying to understand her pain.

"Dad's just protective y'know," he said, emotionless. "I can make a few vines and flowers here and there but I'm pretty much in the same place as you."

"And Kev, there's no one here to train him, he's just trying his best," he continued.

"If you're suggesting that I learn from her, and her heinous family..." she started to say.

"No no no no," he said, slowly. "I know you two will probably never be friends again, but if you wanna learn you gotta find a teacher y'know," she continued, his deep debilitating voice echoing off the balcony.

"I know."

"I'm just...scared," she said, brokenly. "Scared of more change."

"I'm sorry for all this," she said. "I know you're not a big emotion guy, but thank you," she continued.