family enthusiast [9]

Drifting off to a deeper slumber, when suddenly a large hand was circling my waist.

Out of defence, I kicked to person's shoulder, and he fell off the bed, making a very loud thud to be heard.

"Go away- Omo, Tae?? What are you doing here?" I quickly got up and helped him onto my bed.

His hands were on his shoulder, massaging it. "Are you okay?" I asked, "At least I don't have to worry about you when you're alone..."

"Take off your shirt."

"Why? You miss my abs?" He started teasing me, "Should I kick you again?" He shook his head and removed his shirt.

I placed pressure on his shoulder, and he hissed in pain. "Yah... You could've told me you were coming."

"What's wrong with surprising you?" He smirked, "Well if it continues to hurt, let me know."

I was about to get ready to meet my mother when he pulled me back and hovered above me on the bed.

"My heart hurts. I didn't get kisses from my girlfriend."

Oh my gosh, how can this guy be a mafia?

His lips were warm and soft. Mine parted slightly, allowing his tongue to slip inside.

"Okay, we need to leave soon." I ran towards the bathroom. 

[TIME SKIP]

I walked out in Taehyung having a phone call.

"If you fucking feel lonely, just get the fuck out of the house and do your shopping. I already told you, I'm busy today!" He angrily hung up, and I assumed he was in a call with Sua...

"Ah, my girlfriend is so beautiful!" He changed from his angry frown to a sweet smile.

"Come on, let's go make some breakfast together. " I dragged him out of the room.

Just when I'm about to start the process, I received a call. "Make the batter, hmm?"

I picked up the call, and it was my sunbae!

"Sunbae! Why'd you call?"

"I noticed you took leave today... What are you doing?" He asked, "I'm just visiting my mother with someone, why do you ask?"

Taehyung walked up behind me and hugged me. "I was wondering if you would want to follow me to this cafe that just opened,"

"It's okay, we can go another time with the rest of the team! Okay, I gotta go now."

"I thought I was your boyfriend? Since when did I become a 'Someone', huh?"

"Taehyung,  we went through this before. If I told them I have a boyfriend, they would ask me what you are doing for a living I can't casually just say, 'He's a mafia leader, not to mention the mafia king' wouldn't that be weird?"

"Besides, no one in the hospital knows I'm dating." I shrugged it off and made breakfast. "One day, hmm?"

[MY MOM'S HOUSE]

"Okay, we're here! Let's go in." He held into my wrist and pulled me to the back of the car. He took out a bouquet of flowers and a gift.

"Wow...I didn't prepare a gift, and you did? I'm wondering if you're her son or I'm her daughter..." I raised an eyebrow. "We'll just say we bought it together. "

Opening the door, I spotted my brother, Min Yoongi! "Oppa! You're here too?" I happily hugged him.

"What can I say? Eomma forced me to bring Yumi and Yoona." He playfully rolled his cat eyes. "Eomma! Taehyung and I are here!"

"Who is this 'Taehyung' guy?" I moved, and my brother and boyfriend made eye contact. "I told you I was dating!"

"Aigoo, my daughter! Taehyung-shi, you've gotten more handsome!" My mother came up to squish his bread cheeks, leaving me confused.

"Eomma! As his girlfriend, I don't even squish his cheeks!" I spoke, trying to avoid him being uncomfortable.

"It's okay, Y/n and I bought some small gifts and flowers." He passed them to her, "Thank you so much! I'll make sure I prepare your favourites tonight."

I was looking at what had changed in my childhood house, and suddenly, my lovely niece ran up to me. "Auntie Y/n!" She gave me a big hug, "My dear Yoona!"

"Wow, you've grown so much! You've gotten cuter since the last time I saw you!" I ruffled her hair, "Auntie Y/n also got more beautiful!"

"Of course, she's gorgeous, right?" Taehyung also bent down to her level and smiled brightly. "Uncle Tae Tae!"

'Uncle Tae Tae' was how she addressed my lovely boyfriend.  So cute!

"Eonnie!" My sister-in-law called me, "Yumi-ah! Has my brother been annoying you?" I chuckled at my joke.

"Not at all!"

"You know you don't have to lie to me..." My brother nudged my shoulder, "Yah!"

We talked some more, and then I wanted to see my room.

"I'll be in my room!" I said.

Looking around my childhood room, I was still amazed by how much of a cheerful girl I was.

I spotted my old photo book and opened it to see the beautiful memories my parents took of our family.

"What are you looking at?" Taehyung snuck up behind my back and rested his head on my shoulder.

"My old photo book..." I smiled at all the memories.

"*Sigh* Every photo my family took, I would quickly print it out and paste it in here. I would also write a note beside it to explain the photo."

"See? On my first day at medical school, I even wrote,'I just got accepted to medical school! I will be forever thankful for my family for always supporting me! I can't wait to be a doctor!' And now, I am a doctor!"

"One of the best doctors out there," he pecked my cheek.

"What's in here?" He pointed at a very special box. "A box full of my father's touch and memories."

We sat on the floor as I opened the box carefully.

"This necklace. My father got it for me when I graduated medical school. He spent his savings to buy it for me."

"My father and I were insperable. We were best friends. We thought the same and more. When he passed, I was devastated. He really wanted me to be the best doctor, and I would walk towards that to make him proud."

" I kept everything that he got me in this special box. I want to be able to cherish it."

"Your father seems like a great guy." He hugged me from the side, "He was, until someone hired a person to kill him."

"I'm still sad that I don't know where this woman is, I want to get her to taste her own medicine. She made me lose someone important to me."

"Did you forget? You're dating a legendary mafia. I promise you, we'll track this woman down together." He cheered me up, "I really only remember how she looked. I didn't know the details. "

"It's okay, I will handle that. I'm sure Mr Min is very proud of the woman you are now."

I stared at his doe eyes, feeling so loved by him, "And I'm sure my father would've loved you too."

"Auntie Y/n! Uncle Tae Tae! Halmeoni is calling you for dinner!" My niece barged in, "Yes, my little bean, we're coming."

[DINING ROOM]

We sat next to each other, "Thank you for preparing a feast, Mrs Min."

"Enjoy the food, have some of this!" My mother grabbed some japchae and placed it in his bowl.

At that point, I knew this was my happy place, with my family,  my loved ones.