champagne cool [16]

[TAEHYUNG'S POV]

"Taehyung, I'm invited to the annual 'Mafia Dinner and Dance' . Make sure you dress nicely and come together with Sua. No complains."

Well, waking up to my angel beside was the best thing, but waking up to an unpleasant message from my stepmother was the worst.

"Who is that, Tae?" she turned over, facing me with her cute chubby morning face.

"Just a message from my mom. She wants me to go to the annual mafia's dnd..."

"Tonight? Aw, the hospital is going to celebrate their 60 years of opening... and I was about to ask you to be my date." she pouted.

"Should I ditch mine and join yours?" I held her chin up she then smacked my hand, "You can't always ditch things just to be with me, Tae."

"Don't get me wrong, I love my time with you, but there are limits."

She saw me so sad by her nagging. She lit me up by saying something.

"Can we go shopping for our outfits then? The dress code is formal, and I have nothing."

I immediately got up and went to freshen up.

[Y/N'S POV]

As soon as we were ready, Taehyung quickly got me out of my house and drove me to a boutique.

I tried tons of dresses, and not one dress that Taehyung laid his eyes on yet. It's either too sexy, too much, or too little.

Then, I tried on a red maxi dress with straps. As I was looking thru the mirror, he walked up behind bewildered.

"This is it. It's gorgeous, absolutely just for you. Check, please!" He pecked my lips and went to make payment.

"Now, let's choose your suit." He tried multiple suits, and I think I found the perfect one that shows his body shape, and it's kind of matching with me, too.

"So, what do you think of it?" I laid my head in his shoulder, looking at his eyes from the mirror. "We're kind of matching from the hearts."

"I'll get this one." Before he moved an inch, I went to make payment. "You paid for my dress, I pay for your suit. It goes both ways."

The dress and suit were kept accordingly in garment bags, and we went back home to prepare.

By then, it was already 4 pm...

My makeup was done, my hair was all curled up, and I needed to zip my dress.

"Babe? Do you mind zipping my dress?"

"Gladly, my love." His cold hands reached my back as I felt his hands go up as he zipped it up.

"You look absolutely stunning. Should we ditch both events and stay here?" He smirked, "Mr Kim, go get changed."

Taehyung changed into his suit, but he struggled to tie his red tie. "Let me help."

As I tied it nicely on him, I felt his stares. His hands wrapped around my waist, smiling ear to ear.

"Let's not waste time, hmm? I'll do your hair."

[TIME SKIP]

"We look great, don't we? Like a match made in heaven."

"Of course! Now, we don't want to be late."

After that, we went our separate ways to the respective venues.

I walked into the big ballroom, filled with banners and decorations of the hospital's big birthday.

"Y/n!" I turned around, and it was my dear senior. "Wow, you look amazing..."

"Thanks, you look great too!" I put on my best smile, admiring every inch of the room.

"May I offer you a drink?" Minjun asked, "Sure! I'll just have a fruit punch. I don't really want any alcohol tonight."

"A special order for a very special woman. I'll go grab it."

I sat down on the table I was assigned to, and I spotted my best old bestie! "Omo, Rosé-ah!" She ran towards me and hugged me so tightly.

"Is it really you? When did you come back? The team has missed you like crazy! And more importantly, I missed you the most!"

"Surprise! I finally finished the overseas rescue mission in Africa."

"When do you start work?" I asked, so excited to see her in front of me. "I can start on Monday."

"Shall we go celebrate then? What do you think about going to our favourite ajumma's snack bar? You know, the one we used to go all the time during medical school."

"Of course! I missed her food so much! Then that's a plan!"

[TAEHYUNG'S POV]

"Taehyung-ah, you're here!" Jimin greeted, "Of course I'm here. I'm a mafia king."

"Ouch, where's Sua?"

Not long after he asked, she appeared with my mom.

"Speak of the devil." I mumbled, "Tae! I finally get to see you! Do you like my dress?" she spun around, but I could care less.

"Mmm..." I focused on my phone, not sparing a glance at her.

"My dearest Taehyung! How are you doing?" one of the other mafias asked me. "Doing better than you are."

"Yah, don't be a punk, okay? So, this is your wife?" He asked, Sua wrapped her arms around mine, but I immediately pushed her arms aside.

"Mmm, okay. I'll see you around!"

"Yah! Why did you push me aside? I AM you're WIFE."

"So what? I don't want to be touched in public. Go get a drink or something. Don't bother me."