off his face [6]

A new day, another day in the hospital.

Mr Kim 💍: " Morning, love. I'll be coming over later with some food for both of us, hmm? I hope you have a great day at work. Love you 💐"

I smiled at his text...

Me: " Morning, Mr Kim. I guess I'll see you later, too! Don't come over too late. I love you too 💋"

It was always a normal thing for us to end our text with the same old loving emojis. It's was the little things like this that can make me happy for the rest of the day.

[HOSPITAL]

"Yoora-ah, could you hand over that medical file there?" I asked, "Here, Dr. Min,"

I was reading the files of the surgery Mr Jang had before, and he had knee surgery before? He feels numbness on it quite often...

"Dr. Cha, can you keep an eye on Mr Jang if he stands up? It's says that he always has the numbness on his knee..."

"Ah, no problem."

After reading through it some more, I received a call.

My dear mother was calling!!

"Eomma! Why'd you call me? Do you miss me that much?" I joked, "Aigoo, my daughter... You and Taehyung should come over soon... Your poor mother feels lonely..."

"Of course, it even seems like you love him more than me..." I pouted, "You found such a lovely boyfriend, and of course, I must shower him with love!"

"Yeah... I'll make sure we visit soon. I love you!"

[HOME]

My shift ended, and I was watching some TV, waiting for my boyfriend to ring the doorbell.

*RING*

I opened the door, seeing his boxy smile holding the box of fried chicken and some drinks.

I quickly took the food and opened it up. "I was just thinking of this at work..."

"And, I got the message." He leaned towards me and pecked my lips multiple times, "I missed you so much."

"Me too... Open your mouth," I fed him a piece of chicken like a baby.

Taehyung took out a bottle of soju, wanting to drink with me. "I can't drink, remember? In case I have to go back for an emergency?"

"But, when you're drinking, it makes it seem that I am too. I'll grab a cup."

As we ate and talked, all the food was gone.

"I have something to say," the both of us said at the same time. "Ah, you can go first." He said.

"Mine isn't that important, you go."

We sat on the couch, lending a listening ear to one another.

"I don't want you to be overwhelmed or whatever, but yesterday, Sua tried to make a move on me..." I looked at my fingers, not expecting that.

"Don't get the wrong idea, I pushed her away, and nothing happened."

"I just thought you had a right to know..." He held onto my hands. But, I stayed silent.

"Jagiya, I just thought I should let you know because I would've never accepted her advances. Hmm?"

"No, I appreciate you telling me," I put in a fake smile to hide my pain.

"What did you want to say?" Taehyung asked, "Eomma wants us to visit her soon. She gave me a call earlier..."

"Of course! We'll work out a date to visit her! I miss her cooking so much!"

After resting some more, we both headed to my bedroom.

He had cuddled me, my face, facing his chest, "You look so beautiful." Taehyung tucked my hair behind my ear.

"You're tired. Let's sleep." He was about to off the lights when I grabbed his wrist. "You're sleeping here? What about Sua?"

"Can't I sleep here with my adorable girlfriend? It told her before it's either I got back or sleeping my office. You know, there is a bedroom hidden in my office. "

"Ah, okay."

"Good night, my love!" He kissed my forehead, and we drifted to dreamland together.

[2 AM]

A buzzing sound kept on repeating, I woke up to see Taehyung facing the other side, deep asleep.

I checked my phone, and Dr Cha is calling me! At 2am...

"Dr Cha, what time is it? Why are you calling?" I asked him, half asleep. "Mr Jang! He went for fresh air, but someone found him unconscious outside! He needs emergency surgery. "

"What's the condition so far?" I got up and changed, "From the scan, there seems to be internal bleeding in his knee. You need to stop the bleeding."

"Hang on there, I'll be there soon."

I quickly left my house and rushed to the hospital.

This was just part and parcel of being a doctor. Then I texted Taehyung in case he got worried.

Me: "Something came up in the hospital, so I'm rushing there for emergency surgery. Don't worry, I'll be safe. Sleep well! 💌"

[author's note 📝]

hi!! thanks for all the love on this story so far. don't forget to vote for this story!

to connect with me better, join my telegram channel!

link! : https://t.me/+xMjR-KY_liUxZDVl