late night talking [12]

"Has work been okay for you?" I asked Taehyung on the phone, almost falling asleep.

"All my stress is gone after hearing your angelic voice." From the other side of the phone, I could tell that this man was smiling.

"Oh ya, how's the stabbing wound? Does it hurt?"

"It's recovering, thanks to you. Anyways, I'll be back in Korea before you know it."

"Mhm..." My eyes closed for a while. "You sound very tired, you should go rest, hmm?"

"Okay... Get some sleep, too. Love you."

"Love you too."

Finally, I drifted off to sleep.

[MORNING]

Mr Kim💍: Good morning, love. Have a safe trip on the way to work, okay? I'll be back soon. I love you💐

Me: Good morning! We'll call later, right?

Mr Kim💍: Of course, angel. I wouldn't miss the call for the world.

Me: Okay, hurry up and finish your work and come back! I'll be waiting. I love you too 💞

Calls and messages from Taehyung mean so much to me whenever he is away from Korea.

I'm always glad to hear or see that he is always the one initiating the calls and messages.

I'm mostly at work, and I can barely check my phone most of the time.

I was checking my emails when I received a call from an unknown number. Maybe it's one of my colleagues.

"Listen up, you slutty woman. I know what's going on between you and my Taehyung. This is a warning for you to stay away from my husband. Remember, I'm watching your every move."

Then realisation hit me. It was Sua.

"Be careful. You either go away or I will make you go away. Oh, and if you inform anyone about this call. I'll make sure you won't see tomorrow's sunlight."

"Let's not make it a big deal, hmm? Do both of us a favour and avoid him until HE calls it off."

Saying that, she hung up.

My hands trembled, she knows who I was. What was I going to do? If I tell Taheyung, he would get mad and argue with her.

It was then that I wondered if I was his mistress or girlfriend. Because she treated me like a worthless and slutty mistress.

I didn't want to leave Taehyung, and I know he wouldn't want that, too. I guess the best way to avoid him was not getting caught. Unless I'm under my own roof.

[HOSPITAL]

At work, my mind surrounded that call. I couldn't focus.

"Dr Min, the reports came out. Take a look." Yoora called me, but I was not in my senses.

I had a lot of things in my mind, I zoned out. "Let me take a look, Yoora." My senior, Minjun said, but I still stood still.

"Just a painkiller will do, thanks." She walked away as Minjun turned over to me.

"Dr Min? Hello?"

"O-oh, sorry." I got back into my senses, wondering what happened a moment ago.

"What are you thinking about for so long?" He placed a hand over mine, comforting my distracted self.

"No, it's nothing. I didn't get much sleep." I wasn't even lying.

I was only thinking about how doomed I was if she knew my face. She said she knew my relationship with Taehyung, but she didn't mention anything about my face.

"Yah, remember? You need to treat me to a meal for covering your shift. What about today? Are you free?"

"Mhm. I'm free today. I'll message you to details later, Sunbae."

[RESTAURANT]

"Order anything you want. It's my treat, Sunbae." I forced a smile on my face despite my ongoing matter.

"We're not at work, so you don't have to be so formal." He smiled. "I'm really thankful that you helped me cover my shift that day."

"I'm your senior for a reason! Besides, I wasn't even that tired that day."

"But, still. I'm very lucky to have you as my senior."

As we spoke some more, I got to know him more. Obviously, I didn't share much like my relationship and whatever, but he is a great senior.

Until I didn't realise Taehyung was waiting for me...

[HIS TEXTS]

Mr Kim 💍: My loveeeee, are you free now? Have you eaten? I miss you!

Mr Kim 💍: Are you still at work? I'm waiting!

Mr Kim 💍: It's been 45 minutes. Are you working overtime? Please answer me

Mr Kim 💍: Y/n, I'm getting worried about you! Can you pick up? Did something happen?

Mr Kim 💍: Babeeee! Pick up my calls!

Mr Kim 💍: Y/n. Please. I'm in a different country. Don't make me fly back now!

Mr Kim 💍: What on earth are you doing? Answer me, please? I'm worried sick.

7 messages and more plus 30 missed calls! Darn it, I forgot to unmute my phone.

Minjun had gone to the bathroom, and I quickly messaged him.

Me: So sorry, tae! I was having dinner with my senior, and I didn't read your messages since I forgot to unmute it!

He didn't read my message. Maybe he was mad? Damn, I'm in serious trouble now!!

I quickly paid for the meal, bid goodbye to my senior, and hurriedly went home.

[HOME]

Incoming Video Call from Mr Kim 💍...

"Min Y/n! Do you know how worried I got?"

"Sorry, tae!"

"But, see? I'm here at home all safe. So there's nothing for you to worry about anymore."

"Just please remember to check your phone. I almost got a heart attack."

"So, did anything happen today?"

In my heart, I really wanted to tell him what happened this morning, but my mind says not to.

"Nothing. My mind has been full of you!"

I wasn't lying. I was really thinking about him because of Sua.

"I already finished work, I can come back in 2 days!"

"Great! I'll be waiting for you at the airport! Did you buy anything for me?"

"Of course, I bought lots of stuff for you! But, it's a secret."

"I miss your cooking! I want to wake up next to you!"

"When you come back, hmm?"

We continued our late night calls, but I avoided giving away the fact that Sua confronted me in the morning.

When I hide something, I bury in deep down where I can only open it up.

"Okay, get some rest. Love you!