chasing fire [30]

[TAEHYUNG'S POV]

I can't believe it. I really can't. My own stepmother.

She is the one who ordered someone to kill Y/n's father. I kept walking back and forth, trying to process this information.

My man suspects that she knew my father's legacy and killed my own mother just so she could be married to him...

I gripped into my glass cup tightly and threw it across the room. "Taehyung..."

Jimin rushed into my office, "Look, I know this is overwhelming, but she's still at large. It isn't a time for you to break down... Who knows what she'll do next?"

"She fucking killed her father, and maybe that's why she left me? Not only that, they suspect that she hired a person to kill my own mother."

"Tell me, how the fuck am I supposed to calm down? She made me lose the people I love most."

"I'm going out. You better give me a plan by next week." I looked at him dead in the eye and left the building to her calming place, N Seoul Tower.

[N SEOUL TOWER]

Looking out into the sky, I was wondering how she was doing. On days like these that I need her to calm me down. But, all I have is this place.

It was very windy, and I spotted the lock that we hung together on her birthday.

I missed her kisses, her hugs, her daily affectionate messages. I wanted her with me now.

Just knowing the fact that she may have broken up with me because of my stepmother breaks me. She couldn't trust me.

She could've talked to me about it, but she chose the harder way.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice.

"Yes, I miss you too. Enjoy your trip, okay? Make sure to get me a gift while you're there! I love you, my sweetheart!"

I turned, and it was the woman I've been longing to see, Min Y/n.

[Y/N'S POV]

I just sent off my brother, his wife, and my sweet girl, Yoona, to the airport on the way to Japan as a vacation.

She was at the departure hall, calling her only auntie.

"Yes, I miss you too. Enjoy your trip, okay? Make sure to get me a gift while you're there! I love you, my sweetheart!"

"I'll miss you too, auntie y/n! I'm sure that I'll get you many gifts!" we hung up.

I was at N Seoul Tower, killing some time before I showed up for my shift. In a blink, I turned, and I saw Taehyung already looking my way.

I quickly stepped back and walked away as fast as possible, but he held onto my wrist.

"Y/n," he said. I tried to struggle free, but he only pulled me closer to his chest.

He pulled me into a hug, and I felt his warmth. His love for me. But, I remembered his stepmother's words, 'Get anywhere near him, and you'll get it.'

Quickly getting back to my senses, I pushed him away. "Get away from me, please."

There was a shaky voice as I spoke.

"I know what's going on, just listen to me, please?"

"I'm running late for my shift." I turned and ran away,

"Y/n! Wait!" Taehyung chased after me, but I managed to get away and lose sight of him.

[HOSPITAL]

"This is XXX Hospital Emergency Room, How may we assist you?" the nurse asked. "Got it, an accident along ABC Avenue. We're available. "

Panting as I got into the hospital,  I quickly put on my gloves and mask. "Where's Doctor Minjun?"

"He's unwell today, so you're the only general surgeon today. Anyways, we have a traffic accident patient coming."

"Okay, what's his condition?"

"Sprained neck, arm fracture, internal bleeding in the stomach area, and lacerations around his face and arms."

"Then we need to move quickly. Book an operation room."

"PATIENT COMING!" The emergency rescuers ran into the place and reported his condition.

I looked at the patient, and my world sank. The last person I wanted to operate on, was Kim Taehyung.

Reality hit me that he was chasing me...

"Doctor Min? We need to move now." they moved him to the operating room, and I stood there with my mind blank.

[OPERATING ROOM]

"Let's begin. Scalpel."

Throughout the surgery, I tried not to break down.

[AFTER A FEW HOURS]

After the successful surgery, I kept checking in on him even if I didn't need to.

As the doctor in charge of him, I had a right to enter his room to check up on him.

I entered the room, checking his vitals, and IV drip.

Walking towards the door, I heard a faint voice of his, "Y-y/n,"

I turned back, and he was struggling to sit up. "Taeh- I mean, Mr Kim..."

"Can we talk?-" He asked, "You just had a difficult surgery. You should rest."

"Did you break up with me because of my stepmother?" He asked, I stopped what I was doing and stared at him. How can he even think that?

Loving him had nothing to do with her...

"Answer me," I felt his gaze, watching my every move. "You just met with an accident. It's better if you don't talk." He held onto my hand, caressing it slowly and gently.

Suddenly, his stepmother walled into the room, "My son! What on earth happened?" She stopped her footsteps and looked at me.

"Mr Kim just had a successful surgery. I'll take my leave now." I quickly left the room so she wouldn't misunderstand me.

[TAEHYUNG'S POV]

As y/n left the room, I noticed how her face changed as she saw my stepmother. Did something happen between them?

[author's note 📝]

hey guys! thank you for the constant love and votes on the story so far, i can't believe we're already at chapter 30! emotional 😭

anyways,

quick question! do you guys prefer 'y/n' as the main female character in my stories, or do you want a real name? because i'm literally looking at it and thinking y/n is a character name already... i don't know... what do you guys think? this is for something brewing soonnnnn!! please let me know!

your feedback would mean the world to me! thanks, lovelies! 🤍