happy pills[29]

Friday afternoon, sipping a cup of tea while reading a magazine in my living room.

I expected to do nothing for the day since it was a day off. My doorbell rang. I panicked, thinking it was Taehyung.

Thoughts hovered in my mind about this morning.

[EARLIER THIS MORNING]

Being a doctor as I was, I knew the simplest symptoms of pregnancy. It has been 2 months since I had sex. Then it hit me, I might be pregnant with Taehyung's baby. 

I mentally cursed myself for not remembering to use protection on our second-year anniversary. But we were both so into each other, who could've remembered?

Making my way into my bathroom, I stared at the pregnancy test kit with shaking hands. My heart was thumping.

Three minutes had passed but I hesitated to reveal the results. While waiting, I thought about my future with this baby. 

Would I be a single mother without the baby's father involved? What does the future bring along with this baby?

As I flipped the test kit around, I saw two bold red lines.

My breath hitched as I stumbled onto the floor. The results explained the sleepless nights, sudden weird cravings, and wanting certain things that I've never wanted before.

All I could think about was my future. Should I at least tell Taehyung about this?

Not giving it a second thought, I just left the test kit in the bathroom before my emotions got the best of me.

[PRESENT]

I opened the door slightly, trying to get a view of the outsider. "Auntie Y/n!" My one and only niece called out to me with a sweet smile and full of excitement to see me.

"Yoona! Oppa! What are you guys doing here?" I asked, "Well, Yumi and I need to rush off to Busan for 3 days and we'll come back to bring Yoona to Japan for our family trip."

"Do you mind taking care of her? Eomma is busy so..." My niece looked at me with puppy eyes, begging me to take her.

"You really love to keep me busy, hmm? Aish, okay." 

"Thanks! Yoona-ah, please listen to your aunt, okay? Eomma and Appa will be back for you before you know it. Promise me that you'll be a good girl?" Yoongi, compromised.

"Yes, Appa! I'll be a good girl! I love you!" I witnessed the daddy-daughter duo share their moment. I couldn't help but smile.

"That's my darling girl. Okay, bye-bye! Eomma and Appa love you so much!" He gave me her necessities and left.

"So, what do you want to do now?" she thought for a while and responded with a cheeky face.

"Can we play with my dollies?"

"Of course, sweetheart."

Though I was feeling down from my breakup, she made my day. Maybe it would be the same when my baby is here... Maybe this baby would give me joy. 

[TIME SKIP]

I had made her dinner, and we were getting ready for bed.

Brushing her hair as she was brushing her teeth, she picked up my test kit from this morning. "Auntie Y/n, what's this?"

I quickly took it from her and placed it in my drawer. "It's nothing, baby."

"H-huh? Okay..." 

Putting her to bed, she fell asleep in a blink. "Good night,"

She held onto her stuffed toy, sound asleep. 

I went back into my room, still trying to process about my ongoing pregnancy. What should I do?