growing [36]

Looking at Eunji's latest ultrasound, I can't help but be excited for her arrival.

I officially can't work according to my gynaecologist's letter. So I'm free to rest at home as I'm pregnant.

Taehyung had some things to take care of at work, so for this appointment, he couldn't attend. Relaxing in Eunji's room, a smile appeared on my face.

After that incident with Taehyung's stepmother, he assured us that nothing else would happen. He had hired the best guards to protect the house.

Since he is one known mafia, he has lots of enemies. In order to protect us, a guard will never be out of sight when I step foot outside the house.

Eunji suddenly kicked, making me shocked. "Yes, baby. I miss your father too."

[TIME SKIP, EVENING, 7PM]

I cleaned up the house for a while and made some dinner. Just when I heard the house gates opening. "Tae!! You're home!" I said excitedly after waiting a whole day for him.

"Yes, are you okay?" He pecked my forehead, "Of course I am. Eunji and I missed you so much!"

My dear mother popped up behind him, "Eomma! What are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"I picked Eomeoni up because she wanted to give you something." I was happy to see the two people I adore most. "Come on, let's have dinner."

We sat in the dining room, in silence. "Taehyung-ah, I heard what happened to your stepmother. How are you coping?" My mother asked, "Eomma!"

He placed one hand on my lap, reassuring me that he was okay. "It's fine..."

"What she did to your family was unacceptable, and she's finally where she belongs. But, I have a wonderful wife who always comforts me."

"It doesn't matter what she did, I'm sure you guys are the happiest couple in the world. Her father would've loved to have you as his son-in-law."

"I'm honored," he chuckled.

After that nice and pleasant dinner chat, my mother pulled me aside to hand me something.

"What's up?" I asked her, listening to her every word. "Y/n, my dear..."

She cupped my face, passing me a box, maybe full of presents...

"Your father kept these items for you. He said to only give it to you when you were pregnant." I teared up upon hearing that.

"Take your time to go through them, okay? I have to go back now. Be sure to drink lots of water." she left, and I sat on the couch, opening the box carefully.

The first thing I spotted was a letter.

[𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟]

My lovely daughter, by the time you're reading this, you're pregnant with your first child, my grandchild. I hope the man you marry is the best for you. I just want to let you know that whatever you're doing, I'm always by your side to support you with the best I can.  You're going to be the best mom.

Do you still remember? I once left you alone in the kitchen, and you took out all the snacks from the shelf! It's the silly little things that you did that made me smile.

You know, when you got into medical school, I was the happiest father in the world! I could finally brag to all the neighbours that my daughter is going to be a doctor! You did your best, and you finally got what you deserved. Believe me, all those nights where you studied hard and I brought you snacks, I could see your willingness and determination. You lived up to your dreams, and you made our family proud.

When parents see their children live up to their dreams, they know that they have succeeded. Promise me, treat your children like how I've always treated you. Always be there for them. Give them the chances to learn new things, and let them see what they want.

Okay, this letter is way too long already. Appa loves you so much. You've become a very special and intelligent woman, and I will forever be proud of your achievements. We'll be best friends forever ♡ You're my special girl.

I sobbed harder as I read every word he wrote.

The times that he scolded me for my behaviour, he was always proud of me. Oh, how I wish I could hug him now.

I dug deeper into the box, and I saw all the things he had kept. When he was angry, he would take my things and act like he threw them.

All my toys and my most loved possessions were inside. It was never touched after he placed it inside. More of our photos were inside.

Photos of my birth were all included. 

I can't believe he kept all of this. Because of him, I am always inspired to become a better person or even better, become a person like my father.

"My role model is my father too." Taehyung spoke out of the blue. I hugged him, crying on his shoulder.

"T-taehyung, he kept all of these for me..." He was patting my back, comforting me. "I know,"

"Let's give the memories you had to our baby as well."

My husband was like an angel at comforting me. "We'll never give him a hard time. I promise. "