61. Nyx

"When do you think the wedding should happen?"

Nyx didn't meet Theia's eyes as he toyed with a strand of her dark hair. His tongue ran over his bottom lip as his eyes flashes to the bare breasts beneath the long soft hair.

Now.
Tonight.
Tomorrow morning.

He'd marry her at any moment. He didn't lie when he said he wanted eternity with her, and he would start that whenever the words left her lips. With a soft sigh, Nyx dropped the strand of her hair and let his fingers dance over her plush belly, gripping her waist as he dipped his head and kissed just above the curve of her breast.

"I will marry you whenever you wish," he spoke against her skin. Nyx smiled at the chills that rose under his mouth and hand. He loved her reactions to him. He'd spent eternity in this bed with her if she wished.

After he made Azriel and his father apologize to her, he and Theia hid away in his bed. She cried, he held her; she kissed him, he pleased her. He'd gone down in the night to gather an abundance of food and drinks, and they hadn't left since. His body felt weak from the lack of training in the mornings, but he'd made up for it with what he'd done to Theia throughout the day.

"But when is it right for the court? Do we need to wait until things seem like you'd need to advance to High Lord? I don't understand any of it."

Nyx's brows furrowed as he pulled his mouth from her chest. She laid on her back, eyes on the ceiling as her fingers twisted in his grown-out hair. She turned her cheek, meeting his gaze with a small frown. The freckles on her nose fell into crevices as she scrunched her nose at him, her brows drawn in close. He reached up and brushed her tangled hair from her face, his palm settling on her cheek.

"I'm not marrying you for politics, Theia. I'm marrying you because I love you. What makes you think it has anything to do with politics or the court?"

Her lips parted in a sigh as she turned her eyes back to the ceiling. Nyx pulled her face back to his and planted a slow kiss on her lips, one that had the constant need for her rising again.

"I know you love me, and I love you, but you're the heir, Nyx. Doesn't that mean a marriage would be more than just our love?"

"Not if you don't want it to. There's nothing political about the way I want you with me for eternity, Theia. I've told you before, if you don't want to be High Lady, there is no pressure for you to be. All you're required to be is my wife," Nyx murmured, skimming his thumb over her soft skin as he kissed her again. He felt her smile into the kiss, her fingers curling into his hair.

"I'm afraid I wouldn't be any good at it," she responded softly when Nyx broke the kiss and moved his lips to her jaw.

"Do you think my mother knew anything when she became High Lady? She was mortal not even a year before. I've spent my life being prepared for this, I can walk you through it. You already have a stance on what you want this court to be like, all you must do is find a way to voice that once you have your own power."

Theia smiled softly and Nyx couldn't imagine anything more beautiful. He nuzzled his face into her neck, nipping and kissing at the soft skin. She smelled of him; of pine and spice, of salt and the air. Nyx was addicted and he would never let her go. He'd sooner die than let her walk away, as selfish as it may be. Her lips parted with a moan that sounded like the sweetest music. He wanted more; to be swallowed by the melody of her pleasure.

Nyx slipped his hand down to her breast, massaging it as he bit at her shoulder. A small laugh escaped her, followed by a moan when he rolled the tight skin between his fingers. Desperate to hear her calling his name, Nyx kissed down her chest. His lips wrapped around the soft skin of her breast, his tongue rolling over the peaked tip as his fingers glided down her stomach. He felt her pulse quicken as he ran them over the dark curls at the apex of her thigh, dipping them into the wet heat.