Chapter two

It's you because you are blessed, in case you asked why
_salamatullah

Chapter two

Hello everyone, this is kulthum abdulhameed sa'id, a final year student in BUK studying physiotherapy. She’s the  second child in the family of four, her mother aliya zubair, her father abdulhameed sa'id, and her younger brother haleem. She doesn’t have any friends except for hammad only, hammad is the person that stood by her despite the troubles and problems, he’s the only person that stays although knowing her condition and biggest fear.

Well yes, she’s epileptic, a brain disease where nerve cells don’t signal properly which causes seizure. And seizures are uncontrollable bust of electrical activities that changes sensation, behavior, awareness and muscle movement, although seizures cannot be cured but many treatment options are available. Up to 70% of people with epilepsy can manage the disease with medication. Right now her seizure is in second stage which is focal onset aware seizure, what a life right? Well she knows too, she’s having all these doubts but what to do? And after all she has people that loves and care for her so…

Like seriously kulthum!” hammad glared at her

Am sorry okay, I thought you aren’t coming sooner that’s why I am late”

Burger” he said his hand on the starry

What” she glared at him then glanced around her as if she’s seeking for something and took a step forward

You see I don’t have a penny talk…” he halted her and called burger again

Fine!” she frowned and open the passenger door, she sat glaring at him and gave him a sound slap at the shoulder and that made them all bust into a fit of laughter

Okay shall we, stingy girl” he smiled pushing the gearwheel, and all she could do was beam as though she was given a present

Kulthum and hammad are like 5&6, they may argue all the time but they’re the best thing that could happen to each other. When they first met, it was a rainy day five years back, on Tuesday.

 Hammad was a 300level student at that time in Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) same at that time he was also a trainee of air force there, he came to Kano during their two weeks break to see his sister who has been married for two years with a handsome baby boy. It was cloudy that day, the sky was all grey and hammad was so eager to leave with his friends and suddenly one of them suggested to visit Bayero University Kano and that’s when hammad saw kulthum. They became friends due to their silliness that matches one another.

Since from then, when ever hammad got the chance he would always visit kano just to meet kulthum. He was so obsessed with her just like she was obsessed with him.

They arrived at auricle ham burger and more kano, hammad opened the door for her, they strolled hand in hand like newlyweds couples looking so cute and lovely, they went inside and spotted seats by the window. Kulthum would always stay by the window, like the window side has these serenity that kulthum’s love, hammad noticed that long ago and it's somehow like he literally knows everything about her, her likes and dislikes, her dos and don’ts, he just know everything, like everything.

Two burgers please, one with a sesame seed at the top of the bun and the other without, then two orange juices” kulthum ordered fixing her gaze on the menu list and the waiter nodded and left their sight