Chapter sixteen

it was always tough, it has always been tough, but just because you had a bad day and bad moments doesn't means you have a bad life.
_Salamatullah

Chapter Sixteen

Kulthum was on a phone call when she heard a sound from the kitchen since the kitchen and the room downstairs are just a miles away. She brought down her foot and slipped on the slippers.

“Waye a kitchen? (Who’s in the kitchen?) Hammad? Are yo…”  she was choked with her words the time she saw that Beebah of a girl cleaning his forehead with her scarf and he was fixed in one place staring at each other’s eyes.

She was hurt and jealous but what cut the envy out was what they started discussing about. She couldn’t even let herself to witness or hear out the remaining sentence by Beebah and she left to her room shading a hurtful and sorrowful tears that are much more bitter than that of a blood.

She opened the door to her room and dropped by the closet. She quietly sat on the floor there and crouched her head to her knees and sobbed without a hesitation.

For the past one month she would always tell and comfort herself that her husband may commit a serious offense merely mistakes are bound to happen and Hammad is a considerate and reasonable husband so definitely he will return back to his senses and apologize for his wrong doing. Okay, now she believes this game is hers to play and expect no savior to rescue her.

The next day, Beebah came to the kitchen but only to find kulthum frying plantains. She mentally hissed and pass her to grab a Ladle. She brought out a deep fryer from the cabinet and proceeded to the fridge bringing out a fold paper of a frozen chicken wings. She started unfolding the fold but got halted by kulthum's voice.

“I dare you to unfold this chicken and you will definitely see the other side of me today”

Beebah hissed loudly and continue with what she was doing without even glancing at kulthum

“I think you have a dead wish. I will gladly grant you if so”

Kulthum snatched the chicken from her and started refolding it back, but surprisingly she felt a painful slap that was printed on her cheek. She didn’t even realize when she pushed her on the floor and threw the ladle at her too

Instantly Beebah began screaming and moaning in pain, and that’s when hammad rushed in. He wasn’t sure of what to do until kulthum asked him to take her to the hospital urgently.

Just as he picked her a bridal style, the involuntary movement of blood begin to follow. Kulthum's tears initiate to fall. She was shocked and scared all at a time.  In no time the kitchen got somewhat ruined with stains and stings.

“Let me go get Jonathan to prepare the car” kulthum commented

“Don’t! Don’t you dare! I swear if she dies I will hold you responsible” he yelled at her and hurriedly walked out of the kitchen

“Ham…” she couldn’t say the sentence she wanted to say when she only witness his retreating back side.

She was still lost in her thoughts when Jonathan called out for her and she got startled

“What happened? Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to drive them to the hospital?” she randomly questioned

“Well yes, but he insisted to drive himself and asked me to follow but I feel like it won’t be safe if i let you be by yourself all alone while there is an emergency out there. If you don’t mind I can drive you there too”