Chapter twenty two: reincarnation

A new year. A new life. A new beginning.
_salamatullah

Chapter Twenty two

Nadia informed khalifa of all that has happened and he was caught in awe and fear of what kulthum would do to herself if she learned to know everything. He suggested a therapy consultation even thou she was still in a complete lose of voluntarily control of part of her body.

He also advise amma to never brought kulthum's matrimonial issues on board and let go of everything and everyone that will be a source of ruining her recovery. Actually, to amma that therapy seemed useless even thou she was convinced yet she still thought since kulthum herself being a physiotherapist couldn't handle herself then there is no point of assigning a therapist consultant.

~•~

It was like a new chapter in kulthum's life. All was new and afresh. They left Lagos and relocate back to Katsina, Haleem was doing his national youths service corpse in birnin kebbi, amma was being the best mother she could ever be. She was handling everything, both her boutique business and her kulthum's healthcare.

Nadia and Khairiyya were the exact definition of sisters like. They'd visit kulthum each and every time they got, and the house was literally like their own due to the care and love they showed to amma and kulthum.

Doctor khalifa became like a family too and would visit from Lagos to katsina from time to time. His friend Doctor Haroon was kulthum's therapist who happened to own a hospital in katsina City clinic.

Today mark exactly one year and seven months of kulthum's illness. Although she would inclined her head if needed and opened her mouth to eat yet she can't move any of her limbs. But still it was a huge progress indeed.

Amma would always pray for kulthum's recovery, at times she will weep and sob like there is no tomorrow when ever she recalled that cruelty of misery her daughter will taste if she found out what her husband did to her.

What kept running on Amma's was how her daughter coped her stay with hammad. Was she also miserable there? Or was she treated as a second option? Just like that amma kept on going over on her own head till she dozed off.

In the morning, amma started with the little morning chores and preparing breakfast for herself and also a smash potatoes soup she ordered for kulthum. Her hands were wet in water as she rinsed out germs. She was rinsing then when she felt the shadow of someone somewhere behind her, she slowly turned around in spite of the fear running through her to see who it was.

Literally, it was kulthum. She was the one standing wholly by herself. She took another step not quick in motion and another again till she reached to amma. Amma was more than one bargained for, her eyes grew wide as she was amazed and unspeakable too, she just began to shed tears.

"Kulthumu nah..." this was what kept coming out from her mouth

Kulthum would only nod and smiled at amma. Her eyes longed for her mother's gape, she would always cry mentally and pray for the day she will be able to hold amma so tight and chat heartily with her together with Nadia, Khairiyya and Haleem. She would always want to see doctor khalifa so badly that she would want her thank you speech to flee.

"my dear....why did you leave me on my own for a while" amma said crying

"I couldn't stop asking Allah for his help kulthum. I was devastated, impatient and everything, kulthum" crying became like a daily routine for amma and today at this moment that tears kept rolling continuously, outtake this tears is of joy

She knew kulthum can't talk yet so she aid her crawled back to her room in the hospital and made her lie down to rest. Obviously, walking even if it was for a bit it would stress her and made her fatigue.