Chapter thirty four

Weakness is the strongest weapon to all strength persons.
_salamatullah

Chapter thirty four

Hameeda parked at the gate as she honked twice waiting for the gate man to open up for them.The Baba -maigadi opened the door first and saw a GLK 350 then wide opened the gate for them.

Instead of kulthum to walk to the house, she went to where the Baba maigadi was and greeted him. At first he didn’t recognized her notwithstanding the moment she called her name he became dumbfounded by happiness and fairly began to dance, singing Sannu da zuwa Sannu da zuwa (welcome, welcome)

“Hajiya kina nan? Hajiya kawai akace kun rabu da Hammadun ki, Allah ya baki wanda yafishi, ya miki albarka (Hajiya you are around? Hajiya suddenly we heard you and your hammad got divorced, May Allah bless you with someone better and may he bless you)” Baba maigadi kept blabbing and thanking her for coming to greet him despite him being an employee.

Upon hearing a car honk, Khairiyya hastily came out hugging the girls and welcoming them in. They entered and followed Khairiyya's lead.

They made themselves comfortable and felt at home also. Khairiyya was gleefully to see them even though it wasn't her house.

Later on after they went in, kulthum’s phone rang and she excused herself along her takeout in her hand but informed the girls first.

“Okay guys let me go get a plate cuz I think my burger needs to be comfortable” she giggled as she took the call

“Oh please, we all know that it was because of khalifa’s call if not you will eat your hamburger without even a tissue paper” Khairiyya teased

“well, what do I do? I am all his” they gasped  and she laughed as she left to the kitchen

She went to the kitchen and brought out a plate from the counter and unpacked the two burgers.

“Dada told me you left to buy some stuffs. Why didn’t you guys asked someone to buy them” khalifa said through the phone

“It is a dress and I need to see if it fits first” she literally lied

As she was eating the burger she reached for the bubble tea while talking to the khalifa on the phone but turned out that she left it in the kitchen.

She groaned by what he said and also for her forgetting the tea in the kitchen. She found where she unpacked everything and returned back to her position, merely saw a small girl sitting comfortably eating of the hamburger.

It really didn’t annoy her but it made her sad upon seeing the small girl enjoying herself and her peace.
She wished it was her when she used to live in the house.

“that was mine” kulthum said looking all smiley

The girl looked up to her with a mouthful of that burger. She swallowed her bite and then wiped her mouth

“I thought my Dad bought it for me. He promised me hamburgers because I was sad that my mom left for her house”

she was literally about to cry and kulthum kept thinking why Beebah will leave the treasure she's been shielding. The girl began to sniff even though there wasn't a drop of tear nevertheless that was the last thing kulthum will ever want, to make someone cry or sad is her worst nightmare.

“Don’t cry princess, your mom will be back and she will even make you hamburgers by herself”

Kulthum sat and pucked straw at the tea seal then drew a mouthful and gave it to the small girl to take some too

“I am Mimie, by the way” she said and took the tea from kulthum

“and I am kulthum”

Mimie was quite excited to hear that name due to how her father always tells her a story about a girl named kulthum.

My dad would always tell me a story about a girl named kulthum, he told me that I should keep that as a secret though yet I will tell you what he said to me since you share you burgers with me” the girl maybe small but she’s quite a talkative and also smart , because the way she speaks at her age you wouldn’t believe if someone told you that was her

“Okay I am all ears” she reached forward to hear the secret apparently and that makes mimie chuckled because it was quite hilarious to her

“he told me that her name was kulthum and her husband was hammad and they gave birth to a daughter Alia”

Mimie! Have you done your homework” a familiar voice from the background called and they all spin to look there

It was hammad standing in the middle of the stairs.

Daddy! She said her name is kulthum” mimie excitedly said

Kulthum forced a smile even though she wanted to frown, she refused to look back at him and smiled at mimie.

“finish it all and left no crumbs, okay?” kulthum said and dragged her chair back trying to leave

“kulthum? Please let’s have a word” hammad was somewhat scared to hear her response but still descended downstairs to where she was standing with a hold of her bubble tea cup

“Mimie go finish your homework.. .your Nanny is in her room she will help you today”

“but daddy I am telling a beautiful story ” she whined

He creased her cheek and console her enough so that she won’t left crying. Surprisingly she agreed and walked to the other side where kulthum was and hugged her. Kulthum giggled and kissed her forehead telling her that everything will be alright so she shouldn’t worry and just focus of eating well and healthy.

“What do you want to say” she spoke immediately mimie left upstairs

He was staring at her and kept staring at her until she informed him how uncomfortable she was with him staring.

“you look good and healthy” he began the conversation

“you are not bad yourself” she sounded so bossy but okay

“I heard you are a Potter now and even opened a gallery for that” 

She nodded sipping her bubble tea and There was a long pause before she talked back.

“yeah, I went to Berlin to learn that and the gallery wasn’t my idea it was khalifa’s” she said and he hummed innocently

“I named mimie after Amma” he suddenly blurted

“I know”  she uttered and then commented again

“she told me the story you used to tell her even though she said I should keep it as a secret. She’s so cute and amma  will be happy to hear that you named your daughter after her” she showed no interest in whatsoever he wanted to say

She stood up dragging the chair back and adjusted her veil that was about to expose her upper curves. He closed his eyes shot and folded his arms across his chest. She walked back to Khairiyya’s while he watched her disappeared to the room.

It was when they were eating noodles his sister told him if it was okay for kulthum to come over in addition to collect a dress she bought for her during her hajj in Saudi and he excitedly agreed and that was when Beebah got done with eavesdropping and barged into the room calling them names and all.

Please don't forget to
Vote💛
Comment💛
And also share💛