Chapter six

Learn to say no at the wrong time and say yes at the right time even if that means you will be all by yourself
_salamatullah

Chapter six

Hammad was like a baby penguin in a water in the moment, he slowly tilted his head in the direction of the ceiling as he blows out a breath of air. He took his right hand and touched his forehead, then turned to capture the glimpse of hajia, who got up from her bed and walked to her walk-in closet opposite her bed. She shoved the accessory’s box in the wardrobe and came back to where she sat.

“I know everything Muhammad, I did a background check up and I am cognizant of it all.”

“hajia I am sorry for not telling you all this earlier, I am sorry for everything. I will do just as you said, but believe me I am sorry for every single thing. You have never been anything but a good mother, you have always been there for me despite the struggles” momentarily he began to cry, crying not because of him accepting all her rules but crying in view of the fact that he will broke kulthum and the promise he made for her.

After that day, hammad packed all the belongings he will be needing in Lagos and shoved them into the suitcases on his bed. He asked for the driver to washed up his Audi A8 as for he will be leaving for Lagos today. He didn’t told kulthum, nor his mother, he only informed attahir about his journey aside from him no one else. He dragged one of his Louise Vuitton bag and asked labara to brought out the rest Samsonite Winfield 2 fashion to his car. He was dressed in his regular casual wear the first edition NFT-powered hoodie, and a Rolex around his wrist. He passed by the corridor and halted at hajia's door, he humanely knock against her lock and hold back a bit for her to open up.

“Ah ah…muhammadu ina zuwa haka (muhammad where are you going to)” she asked the time she unbolted her door

He smiled and cringed a bit and greeted her, though she hesitated for some seconds before she answered but she was confused, as in where is he going to like that all dressed up and alongside a bag with him.

“Argh…I called general Ibrahim yesterday to say hello and he told me that he included my name in the presidential task force list, so I would like to go back and make ready for the up coming assignment” he defended notwithstanding that he’s telling the truth but hajia could view it weirdly. She ducked happily upon hearing that the air Force general (GAF) himself assigned her son to such a great honorable mission. The general was hammad's Father’s best friend, they attended the same army high school whereby hammad's father measured in business administration and dwelled into business and become a business tycoon and general Ibrahim proceeded with the Naval college.

“Ayya it’s been long since I called him, please my regards to him and hajia Amina when you get there. Alright?”

“And yes, your uncle called yesterday after our conversation and I told him about all we had discussed….”

Hammad was just waiting for her to finished talking because he literally knows how hajia is if she sticks to something she doesn’t back off easily. But placidly yesterday night he prayed the whole hours of darkness and maybe that’s why he had dark circles.

“My blessings is with you and kulthum, may your union be a bliss and I wish you all of the happiness and love…allah maka albarka (may god bless you)” she could see how surprised and happy he was and she took a step forward and embrace her son in a motherly way

“thank you hajia, thank you for hearing me”

“Baba nah nakai maka kayan cikin mota, allah kiyaye hanya (my father all the suitcases are in the car, safe trip” laraba murmured making the emotional moment between hajia and her Muhammad to fade. Laraba was their house help and she often referred to hammad as baba nah as for he’s bearing her respectful father’s name who was also called Muhammad.

“nagode laraba…nima ba jimawa zanyi ba, don kun kusa kusha biki (thank you laraba…I won’t take long too because soon enough there will be wedding)” he aforesaid heartily winking at his mother

“oh Muhammad allah shirya min kai, irin wannan rashin kunya ( oh Muhammad may Allah see you through, like seriously!)” hajia said with her hand across her mouth surprised at his unshyly habit

“barshi abinshi hajia, aure ba wasa ba (let him be hajia, marriage is such a sweet thing to begin with)” laraba supported

“ah fada mata kam (tell her)” hammad uttered teasingly

“Da kai da ita duk kuwa zaku barmin gida (you and her will leave my house)” she called laughing

“Hajia meyayi zafi haka (hajia what happened)”

“kyaleta labara. dake zan koma Lagos idan anyi auren ma, zakiji dadin zama da kulthum kuwa (let her be laraba. I will be going back to lagos with you after the marriage, and you will love to live with kulthum)” he spoke chortling at his mom

“Babu inda zaka kaita (you are going no where with her)” hajia gave utterance to and they all busted out cackling cheerfully

Hammad dragged his bag walking towards his car while hajia was behind him. He put the bag at the back seat and opened the front door to dropped his Samsung Galaxy Z fold 5 together with it’s tablet.

“Hajia I am leaving” he spoke smacking his eyes together due to the sunlight that was shining upon him“toh allah kiyaye hanya (safe trip)”  “who will be taking the car to Lagos after your flight ” she voiced out

“I called attahir and he asked one of his boys for that, so probably after the driver dropped me at the airport he will take the car to the other guy and bring it to me by tomorrow morning or so”

“safe journey Muhammad and please don’t forget your du'a”       “in sha Allah hajia”

He went into the car and drove off to the airport.

Grab something warm, maybe tea, coffee or latte, i think u gonna need it later✨

Please don't forget to
Vote💛
Comment 💛
And also share💛