Chapter ten

No amount of love is greater than Allah's. I lost my aunt last week Friday, please include her in your prayers.

Chapter ten

She thought he was joking when he first told her because she actually started to think of what insult she should be raining on him, but he suddenly broke down and that was all it took for her to run out of the car looking for hammad.

“Madam!” Jonathan and the soldiers got startled and went after her.

The moment hammad was done with the store he came out with a smile across his lips along with two bags of only god knows what, merely the smile dropped the time he saw kulthum crying with a great weight. He dropped the bags he was holding and rushed to her.

“hammad, hammad, hammad!” she said shivering and sobbing, at that time she fall on the floor crying out loud

“Kulthum tell me what’s wrong” he half yelled

Jonathan and the soldiers were there too, mixed up and dumbfounded, they couldn’t say anything sithen they didn’t know what happened.

“Hammad, Baba…”

He couldn’t grabbed a single thing she was trying to tell him, only then Haleem called through his phone and he picked

“Ya hammad please calm kulthum down so that we won’t lost her too…please don’t let her get a seizure” haleem blurted crying unconditionally

“haleem! What is wrong!”   his heart was now beating rapidly, scared to hear whatever Haleem was about to tell him

“Allah yayi wa Baba rasuwa (Baba is dead)”

It was like an atomic bomb was released from the above and explored the living out of the earth, hammad doesn’t know what to do because he knows how deeply and painfully it was to lose a father, he hold his wife tightly who was burning from her tears and stood up together then walked her to the car.

“Reside du'a for him, just do that” hammad murmured enough for her to hear and dragged her by the arm trying to calm her down.

He instantly dialed attahir's phone contact and transported the phone to his ears “General sir!” attahir spoke teasingly and that made him sniggered a bit and turned to his previous mood

“please dude I want you to arrange two tickets to katsina right away”

“But why? Did something happen there?” attahir asked

“I just lost my father in-law” 

“Innalillahi wa inna'ilaihi raji'un…may his soul rest in peace, please my condolence to kulthum”

“sure! Please do it right away, we have to arrive before 10, I don’t want to miss the janaza prayer in the morning” hammad said hugging his wife tightly and cutted the call after bedding goodbye to each other

It was past ten now and they are already in katsina whereas kulthum was like a dead body walking forcedly, the car that hammad called for from his house has arrived, he saw how mournful she was so he slowly pulled her along and rambled to the car. His heart was aching by the thought of what kulthum was going through. He felt her pain because he once lost his father too even though he was young at that time but does pain select when it wants to strike. The driver sped up although it was raining in katsina.

They arrived but kulthum stayed at the entry, her breath hitched and her eyes filled with tears that were falling unconditionally. She knew she has lost her father, her Baba, her role model of all time. She kept on repeating innalillahi wa inna'ilaihi raji'un and every prayers that came her mind.