Chapter seven

Remember, you have a lot in your plate
_salamatullah

Chapter seven

“So…when are they coming” kulthum's father broke the silence

“Tomorrow” she answered while pinching out her nails for no reason

“My baby will be leaving me soon”  amma who was on a couch beside kulthum said with a smile on her lips while Kulthum crouched sniggering shyly.

“You said he’s a two star air Force general?” Her dad asked  “yes he is, he was recently posted to Lagos”  

“Any job after that?”   “he is also a business man because his late father was a business tycoon” she explained and he swayed moving his head in agreement

Later on time, the little conversation between kulthum and her parents ended, she went to her room, and changed into a towel, rotated the bathroom door knob saying a du'a before she entered to washed up.

 Afterward in time, she came out wiping away the steam with a hand towel that was hanged on the bathroom door, she rambled to the vanity stool and sat still rubbing the towel in her skin.

She was with her phone when her stomach began to giggle then went out to get something to eat. she sauntered to the kitchen and found Haleem there leaning against the kitchen counter waiting for only god knows what to finish cooking.

“What’s that?” she asked opening the refrigerator

“spinach sauce” he responded

“Please add some more I am eating too” she closed the fridge and strengthen out her left hand to reach out a gizzard spoon. Haleem noticed that and forwarded the vessel to her and she got the chance to rip-off a spoon and dunked it into a Jam and mouthed a thanks. She was applying jam on the bread on her right hand when a call came through her phone and it was hammad, she quietly dropped the loaf of bread she was holding and the glass of jam too and picked up the call.

“hey” she called resting her back on the fridge

“amarya!” he teased her

“ango” she fired back chuckling at her words though

Haleem who was there staring at her and her phone chuckled too and she turned glaring at him, he raised his hands up with a ladle smacking his lips together and spin to his pot of sauce on fire.

“who was that?” hammad asked given the circumstances of the silence and the audible chuckle too

“that was Haleem, he is cooking spinach and we are both in the kitchen”

“hey buddy how are you?” he called for Haleem and she set the phone on speaker for him to hear

“big bro, am good how’s work” Haleem asked with his right hand behind him turning the sauce

“Work is stressful guy, how’s amma?”

“She’s doing very well”  “my regards okay?” Haleem nodded and responded with a hmm sound, kulthum grabbed both the bread and the jam and went out of the kitchen mouthing be right back to Haleem who was still turning the sauce.   

“Uncle Abbas and uncle Mala are the ones coming and maybe with some of hajia's brothers”

“Okay, and the LEFE things?” she asked strolling to her room which was not far after leaving the kitchen

“Ahh! Khairiyya is the one in charge” he spoke

“I called her earlier and she was teasing me non-stop” she said laughing with a mouthful of bread

“she was so desperate to hear from you since the day I called and told her about us, she was like she knew love will happen between us” he chuckled through the phone

“can’t wait to meet her and the kids, especially Lubna”  she giggled like a child whom was given a candy or so

“And can’t wait to see the mini you too” and this time around the theme changed into a romantic one, she was indisposed to talk

“May I tell you something that I have been holding a secret for so long?” he spoke and she nodded as though he was there seeing her

“the first time I saw you I felt something, something more than a friend could request for but my mind told me not to approach you with such feeling, instead I should go for a recognizable friendship first and see if it works…and luckily it did. It did in a way that I have never imagined”

Although there are many ways to show your strong obsession or attachment for something or someone, but for kulthum all she could pray for is that moment, the moment of Truth and simplicity, the moment of idealized and awe, to her that was the mysterious, exciting and fascinating quality ever.

“how comes you never tell me, am I that charismatic?”

“Well actually yes, you have that personal charm and magnetism that no one gets tired of and after all I don’t want to ruined our friendship especially the time I learned that you don’t date nor accept anyone’s love”

“Hammad you know me so much that sometimes I even use to think that we are match made in heaven, sometimes I used to feel like I shouldn’t make way to anyone’s feelings except for you and inasmuch as I like you I used to think that it will be a waste of time waiting for you to confess.”

“But you know of the saying “what’s meant for you will surely come to you right? He murmured

“yeah I know right!” she moaned eventually

They talked and talked not even getting bored with one another. They discussed about Lagos and their home, how he bought their house in Lekki and the built-in cabinets. He told her about how general Ibrahim has been wanting to meet her and how his colleagues desperately wants to meet her due to him always talking and praising her personality, and that’s how the day ended with them discussing and idealizing love in their on ways, in a language that only them could understand.

Please don't forget to
Vote💛
Comment 💛
And also share💛